The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a shopping list on how to do this? I’m tired of the leaky tanks that ford uses and just want to put one 100gal tank in the bed and be done. I pull my camper a lot with this truck so that’s why I’m leaning towards the 100gal

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
It can be done, but I'd be leery of it if you're in a state where inspections are required. It'd probably be an issue. I feel bad for guys in the "rust belt"; I've never had to replace a fuel tank or straps that failed, and only an occasional muffler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be done, but I'd be leery of it if you're in a state where inspections are required. It'd probably be an issue. I feel bad for guys in the "rust belt"; I've never had to replace a fuel tank or straps that failed, and only an occasional muffler.
There are zero inspections on our vehicles in Iowa. Would it be as easy and a tank, fuel pump rated for out lift pumps which is 35gph at like 60psi, and plumbing a return line. Adding a filter obviously on the pressure side.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't see any big problems with replacing the factory tanks with big fuel tank in the bed. With the new in-bed tank, you could remove the truck's fuel tank selector valve and just run a fuel hose from the bottom of the new tank and connect it to the fuel line that the selector valve was connected to. Also, you would need to run the return-fuel line to the top of the new tank with a proper fitting. If you want to monitor the fuel level in your tank, you would need to rig-up a fuel level float and sender system in the tank and a gauge in the cabin since the factory equipment obviously wouldn't fit the new tank.

I have a 91-gallon RDS aluminum fuel tank in the bed of my F250 that I use with a pump and a fueling nozzle to fuel the truck's factory fuel tanks as well as other diesel equipment. The tank has ports at the top and the bottom that could accommodate its use as the truck's only tank by doing what I described above.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I removed the entire stock fuel system and went to a custom 66 gallon tank with efuel and a regulated return. It works great and takes the big nozzle too. I had the tank fabed to utilize the stock fuel sender. It works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts