The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Been a while since I've been on here. I bought a 01 7.3 back in September. I posted on here several times looking for answers as to why it wouldn't run. Finally after 8 months its up and running like a dream. I ended up having replace the engine after a mechanic tried to run the truck on ether. (in small claims court atm for that). Anyhow, the guy I wanted to have it worked on by the whole time fixed it and found the initial problem. The truck has a DP-F5 tuner and the chip had went bad and shorted out the ecm. At any rate, my question is I'm thinking about switching to a TS-6 position chip. I just wanted to know what you guys thought and the pros/cons on this. Thanks everyone, good to be back!

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
Since its a 6 speed, why not just have your PCM flashed with one tune and be done with it. You can adjust the shift intervals, so a 60HP or 80HP tune would probably be all you need.

·
Super Moderator
25,361 Posts
I'll second the suggestion on the single tune flashed. But if you do that, get one of DP tuner's "classic" tunes. I tried the current "caffeninated" 80 HP Econo tune and it had a really touchy go-pedal in the lower gears. Jody reflashed it for me with the classic 80E tune and it's been a good solution for me for years. I have the same truck as yours, except for the injectors (and the year).

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
No pro's using a TS chip..as you have different settings available and the ability to have any tuner put their custom tunes on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys. So just having my pcm flashed would be the best route? Do away with the TS idea?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts