The Diesel Stop banner

TS 6 tuner

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Horn 
#1 ·
  • Im new to diesels my first one.I have a stock 02 7.3 stock exhaust right now with muffler delete pipe. I have egt boost and fuel pressure gauges to install. I have trans temp in dash. I'm not looking for wild tunes dont need them. I'm Michigan and go to Florida. So l have all of terrain. I pull boat snowmobiles and cars. Will the ts6 help with mpg and towing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I ran with a muffler delete for nearly a year and finally installed a Walker BTM (Big Truck Muffler) which is an unrestricted design and does not raise EBP from a delete pipe BUT it does improve the sound quality alot. It filters out the harsh raspy sound.

They only cost $60 and maybe $50 for a shop to weld on.

Might be something you want to consider.

#3 ·
Very few if any tunes will help with MPG but they can give you some extra power for towing. A 60-80 HP tow tune is always helpful when towing. 2nd on the Walker BTM.
DENNY

#4 ·
I bought a stock 2002 7.3L in 2018, and went with the TS-6 and am very happy with it. It is a very basic tuner (which is what I wanted). My six positions (rotary knob) are stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, and 125. If I were to do it over I would skip the +125hp and replace it with anti theft. The performance increase in 50, 75, and 100 is very noticeable (outstanding IMO) for a stock truck. If you intend to do a bunch of mods to your truck then a custom tune may be more suitable to you. I added pyro, trans temp, boost, and fuel pressure gauges to mine and the Walker BT muffler as stated above. I had to clean my ebp tube (all sooted up) and replaced ebp sensor. I am getting great fuel mileage with truck empty and pulling 3500lb boat trailer, but the key is keeping your foot out of the go pedal, I don’t see much difference when doing the math between +50, +75, +100 , except that my fuel mileage usually goes down considerably when in +100 because it’s so fun to drive :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.