The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has lifted a truck with the TTB front end? its a 95 F150 front end supporting a 95 7.3 and its sitting a little low, I want to level it out so it drives a little better. one friend says you can do it and another says you cant so I can no clue and figured someone on here might have an idea

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
You could replace the springs and other associated bushings/parts which will probably end up sagging again at some point or you can do an Add-a-Leaf to your existing springs. A search should provide some additional information on the add-a-leaf. Generally, "lifting" (like a 4" lift kit or such) a TTB is not a good idea. Most folks will recommend just swapping to the F350's Dana 60 straight-axle setup (and sometimes with a Reverse Shackle Kit ... and even more with later SuperDuty springs for a better ride). Cheers!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
An F150 doesn't have front leaves.

Almost any suspension's ride height can be changed. But the D44IFS wasn't built to support that kind of weight, and lifting it will make the truck even MORE unstable. There's a reason Ford only offered the 7.3L in 1-tons.

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
My bad! I totally missed the F150 part. Ford offered the 7.3L PSD in both the 1-ton and 3/4 ton trucks (I've had both). Cheers!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^^^^^ I'd be just as concerned about the half-ton FRAME holding under the weight of a PSD, not just the suspension. Gotta wonder what brakes are in this truck, and whether they're up to stopping this weight.

·
Registered
783 Posts
An extra 400 - 500 lbs is not a problem for an F150, you just need to properly distribute the load.

Move the engine back about 18 inches. Make it a mid-engine, simple as that. :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts