The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to this page. I just bought a 2014 powerstroke that did not come with a tuner but has a dpf delete. Egr still fully intact I was wanting to know if anyone would be able to help me out in helping me out. My stupid question is can I get a programer and install it to the truck as it has a program on it but I have no clue what it is. Or do i have to find a dpf install it in order to put a program on it. I know alot of people steer clear of questions asking about questions on programs I'm just looking for so knowladge anyone can PM me thank you

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
First off, you should contact the previous owner and see if you can acquire the tuner. A deleted truck should be sold with the tuner. If no tuner, you should refuse to purchase. You have lost the stock tune should you ever have to go back stock due to state requirements.

That being said, you can buy a tuner and acquire tunes. You would install the new tune and the tuner would save your current tune as the "stock tune".

Without contacting the previous owner, you have no idea what tune is loaded (could be a hot tune that would destroy your truck when towing or a mild tune that uses lots of fuel). Also, you have no idea what company wrote the tune and besides DEPT delete, does it change the transmission or anything else.

Personally, I would return the truck if I could since it doesn't have the tuner included.

JMHO and two cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck is out of buda texas and I'm in ohio. I am trying to get the information so I can try and contact the previous owner. The truck tows well with bumper pull so I dont think its stuck on a crazy tune. Everything else is stock other than a sinister diesel cold intake and the dpf delete. I get around 14.5 gpm as of now per the gauge on the truck without towing. I'm not looking for anything crazy just want to get better fuel milage and extended the life of the engine if all possible. Truck has 100400 miles as of now on the truck and its a 2014. Worse case senarieo and I would hate to find a dpf install it go to ford have them flash the computer to just start over again??

·
Premium Member
14,672 Posts
Wow- I knew the mileage in the 6.7 was bad, but I had no idea you guys were using gallons per mile now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently purchased a 2014 F250 with the DPF intact. My gallons per mile are similar to yours. I would like to get a tuner so I could change some things like remove the DPF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts