The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just bought my 1st deisel pickup truck, 08' F350 that has already been deleted with the EGR and DPF...bought it from a dealership, not the original owner, so my butt is hanging in the wind here...There is a Ton of bad reviews and bad I formation it seems on the net regarding the limited market n supply of tuners for deleted trucks...I'm such a noob when it comes to this area, and I'm determined to get a tuner/programmer ASAP...my truck still has the existing the wire, cable, n odb port hook up, but not a clue what was used on it prior to me...I dont need hot and drag mode type tunes, just looking for upgraded fuel economy, obviously, lol, and a towing tune for pulling my boat around n future camper...so like just a handful of tunes that I can toggle back n forth with...

Can someone please guide me into where n how i can purchase a tuner for my deleted truck with fast delivery? Thanks in Advance!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bully Dog will get you there for what your asking, I might however make a suggestion that if your located somewhere where there is performance oriented Diesel shop, it might be best to purchase thru them so they could supply support if and when required easily. There are lots of folks out there who specialize in your engine. JT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 6.4 f-350 I’ve had since new with 62,000 miles. It is a dual wheel extended cab 4x4 with a deweze hydraulic hay bed on it. It is my pulling truck here on the farm. I pull gooseneck cattle trailers packed full, 42’ round bale mover with 8 bales weighing 1300 lbs. each. It has also taken me since 2099 until 3 months ago to finally have a good dependable truck. Tuners can be freind and foe. Here’s where the problems start. The tuner is all secondary to everything else about your truck. If you don’t know the truck, take it in to the best mechanic you know and have him get an oil sample, check coolant levels for consistency and oil temperature in and out. If you go slap a tuner on without checking those things first, chances are you about to be out $5k because it won’t take it long. Not will the tranny hold up long with the added torque and horsepower. First thing is to get an oil change with a quality synthetic oil with the highest quality oil filter you can find. The OEM Motorcraft oil and filter are fine as any. That way you know it’s done right and aren’t taking the dealers word it was done. Plus it allows you to get an oil sample kit. If all is well, minimaxx is tried and true. Don’t be scared of it. It’s a good tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts