The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find an o-ring and gasket set for my OEM Garrett turbo on my 7.3 idi. I took it off to try to figure out how to deal with the leaking slip joint at the Y and to fix a chronic oil leak. The gasket was shot on the mounting pedestal, maybe due to high EGT's (before I installed my pyro...) due to the up pipe leak at the Y? That gasket I can make. There are 2 o-rings on the mounting pedestal and one between the turbo and the snail shell looking intake part. Can I just go buy regular o-rings or are those a special material? And do I just put them in there clean or should I be lubing them up or something? Or do I just lube up the old ones and use them again?
Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Russrepair.com may have what you need.

·
Registered
1994 Factory turbo IDI swapped into a 2009 Ram 2500
16 Posts
I just used plain old Orings from the assortment at work. You can put some grease or vaseline on them if you want. Viton holds up better to the heat but it's not necessary.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just used plain old Orings from the assortment at work. You can put some grease or vaseline on them if you want. Viton holds up better to the heat but it's not necessary.
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts