The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I received my KC 11 blade compressor wheel and I plan on doing it myself just wanted to make sure what I've seen still holds true cause I've seen different numbers.. So the torque for the new compressor wheel should be 10ft/lbs? What do you all recommend cleaning and lubing the veins with? And I should mark the vein side of the housing so that it lines up properly when I'm putting it back together before I take that apart? Lastly I shouldn't have to worry where the compressor wheel lines up before I take it off with everything balanced already? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yes, mark the housing with something that brakeclean will not remove. I cannot remember the torque, but there are several good Youtube videos on cleaning the turbo that will address it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thank you I appreciate it either way, I talked to someone who personally builds turbos and got the details I needed from him, you only really need a good grip leather glove to tighten the wheel and the housing only really goes on one way but I'll still mark that anyways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts