The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I have a '99 F-350 and was doing some fiddling today and noticed the hose from the back of the turbo that runs down to the left side of the block close to the oil filter has wiggled off from where it is supposed to be. The tube on the block is extremely short. Too short for a clamp to hold the hose. How do I reattach the hose?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Maybe take a pic of what you are taking about.

I honestly don't know what you are describing

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Oh is that the CCV rerouted to the atmosphere? If so when it's running you should see puffs of CCV gasses coming out

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
The CCV vent would come from the drivers side valve cover and not the back of the turbo. A photo of where it starts at would be nice also.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The oil filter is on the drivers side where the hose is in the pic.

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
The oil filter is on the drivers side where the hose is in the pic.
I agree and odd are that it is a DIY CCV mod but the hose itself doesn't come off of the back of the turbo but the middle of the drivers side valve cover.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. It is a CCV reroute. And yes there are puffs of gases every once in a while. Sorry for the silly question. But I'd rather ask and get help than not ask and have it bite me in the wallet.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
No silly question.

Maybe someone else had or will have the same inquiry but afraid to ask because he's scare to look stupid.

I would probably try to route the vent pass the cab to make sure not to get any smell in the cab

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
Some will even run the end of the hose into a can to catch the drips of oil that will come out of it. I have even heard of people putting a hose barb onto the exhaust to route it into the exhaust pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts