The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin to do some turbo upgrades on the cheap. It's a daily driver so not lookin to do anything huge. Thinkin like wicked wheel, gutted ebv, like to be nonwastegated but whats the cheapest and easiest way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ATS and other vendors make turbo housings. They are better quality, help against turbo surge, allow safer higher boost pressures. Not sure if theres any more pros for uprgrading these, but im sure someone will chime in soon with greater knowledge.

As far as wicked wheel....it appears to be a "love it or hate it" upgrade. Some say it helps build boost faster and makes the whistle louder and gives more hp. But then again others say its a waste of time. I would do a search for it and do a little research before dropping the $$$.

Gutted ebpv....I removed my ebpv equipped turbo pedal assembly and replaced it with a non-ebpv pedistal out of an econoline van only because mine was leaking oil severely. This didnt give any performance gains however at the same time i replaced my turbo outlet with a non-butterfly outlet and theoreticly the exhaust is unrestricted as it leaves the turbo to the tail pipe. The only down side to this is living in az we dont really have cold winters but when im in Oklahoma it takes forever for the heater to heat up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
You may also look into changing the outlet housing. I do not know what this will do exactly as I haven't researched it enough yet. However, I hear it can do good things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts