The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey got a question i have a DIY tymar intake on my truck, 99 350 and ive been noticein a different whistle from the turbo was wonderin if thats a bad sign or is that just my filter gettin dirty (which it is)

· Registered
2,689 Posts
when did you install the filter and when did you notice the new sound? If they are around the same time then that is probably normal. When I put on my tymar and removed the box I noticed a lot more turbo whine since there isn't a big box insulating the sound anymore. It's common.

If you've had the filter for a while and not hear the new sound till now then you may want to check to see if your filter is still attached and properly sealed. This can dust and damage your engine if not fixed quickly.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
time

put the filter on bout a yr ago with no problems and everythings been going good i have no leaks or anything just the filter is a little dirty but thats it

· Registered
2,689 Posts
did you check your CAC boots? I think mine is leaking from there now.

· Registered
94 Posts
About an year ago I noticed my turbo changing pitches, it become like an extremely high pitched whiste. Then I noticed a dinging noise, which was the ehaust wheel hitting the housing. A few days after I noticed the problem the turbo flew apart, I had oil smoke blowing out the tail pipe. I bushing when in the turbo. I think just to be safe your should take off the intake boot so your can get to the intake wheel and wiggle it to see if you have anything end play or side to side movement. Good Luck that was just my expreience

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.