The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
A dedicated tractor would be nice, but overkill I think.
Just so we're on the same page. I mean a powered dolly. Seems most are called a "power mover."
Somewhat expensive, but would make your life way easier.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not sure what the dolly looks like but I suspect it might get stuck in the sand on the way out and the angle of the slope would probably push it down into my other neighbors yard straight thru my back yard wall on the way in. The 5W weighs about 11k lbs max.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Ah, didn't look like like much slope.
Like this. Transformer 15K
Have seen tracked versions as well. Not sure about sand, but have seen them in dirt and gravel.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure that kind of dolly is meant for flat, hard and level areas. I can't imagine the disaster my yard would create for it, but thanks for the input.
At times I have had to go into 4WD to get up and out of the back yard due to the loose sand but mild incline.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You are likely correct.
Again, hard to judge the slope. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
For all: The chart is from Ford. I cut the page info so it would fit here. As far as the Series/Body Style you can speculate all you want. That's how Ford made the chart, so I can't speak for it.

Reactions: 69mach1377

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks again for posting it. Just curious what years it applies to?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I'd have to double check but it's the 2017+ model years.....They don't change year to year unless there's a significant change in the vehicle.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts