The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going into dealer for two recalls

mechanical seat recliner - 19C07. This one seems pretty straight forward as they will just inspect to see if its good to go or not.

The one that is catching my eye is the 20N04 steering linkage damper extended coverage. The gal on the phone said they will only look at it if its a concern.

Is this the steering shimmy when going over bridge expansion joints? If so, i only have 7k on this truck and haven't noticed it yet. Should I lie and tell yeah look at it or???????

Also - they are going to see if they will cover my center console vent that busted right away when I touched it. If they won't cover it i'm going to see if they will at least help me out on the part.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
going into dealer for two recalls

The one that is catching my eye is the 20N04 steering linkage damper extended coverage. The gal on the phone said they will only look at it if its a concern.

Is this the steering shimmy when going over bridge expansion joints? If so, i only have 7k on this truck and haven't noticed it yet. Should I lie and tell yeah look at it or???????
First, it's not a RECALL. 20N04 is a PROGRAM THAT EXTENDS COVERAGE for the steering dampener on certain 2017-2019 Super Duty trucks for 7 years or 100,000 miles should they exhibit the concern. Normal diagnostics and repair procedures apply.

Second, you want to LIE to your dealer about something that is NOT HAPPENING? This will waste time, particularly for the technician whose job it is to help you by verifying the concern, inspecting your truck and making a repair. It affects our livelihood when we have to chase "ghost complaints." This is the kind of crap that can sully your relationship with your dealer... all over a voluntary program by Ford Motor Company intended to help you out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the explanation. I didn't know it was simply extending the coverage. The service writer made it sound different.

I will not lie about it and that is why i came here first before going to dealer. Thanks for your input and hand slap, i need it every now and then (just ask heavy assault lol).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts