The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this one will be hard to describe. This morning i stopped at the drive true and the truck ad a small up and down noise with really small vibration when the noise was up and no noise when no vibration. it give me the same feeling as if it was the RPM going up and down but the RPM needle wasn't moving a hair. I hook up AE when i came back home and nothing....

the truck as 235xxx kms (~146xxx miles)

not sure if its possible because i don't know crap about transmission but it give me the feeling of coming from the Torque converter ????? is this possible????

the truck still drive fine with lost of power.....

yannick

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Sounds like the noise/symptoms of an injector not working as well as the rest.

But could be other factors like sticky ipr valve, bad icp or bad cps.

Is it like an idle surge but the needle doesn't move?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but it does not seem coming from the engine. it so little than my body was thinking i'm crazy because he couldn't hear/feel anything.

CPS I have the napa one and its about 10 month old

ICP is probably 3 yrs old. is it true if with the KOEO (not running) i should read 0 on the ICP and if it read other number its bad?

I never touch the IRP yet so will be a good idea to remove it and clean it i guess

for sticky injector... BUZZ test was successful (with the BUZZ all the same) as well as the CCT. I'm planning to put some archoil next oil change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you sure it is an engine problem, had a vibration from my truck forever and finally found out it was a bad pass side hub.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can only hear/feel it when stopped and idling.

I heard it again yesterday but couldn't replicate today ????

·
Registered
45 Posts
not sure what to tell you. I took mine a mechanic friend and he put some sensors that detected noise and vibration all over my truck and found out the problem that way. Id say check to see if your exhaust or downpipe is loose or maybe your cab isolators. I don't think it would be a torque converter problem but don't take my word for it.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will find it, just of matter of time LOL. I will be really busy in the next few weeks so will be hard to find time to work on the truck but soon as i figure it out, i'll post back

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been dealing with a similar problem for 7 years. Sometimes it sounds like a bass speaker from the car behind me and I can feel it in the brake pedal while stopped in traffic. At times I can see the side mirrors slightly vibrating. I've run it with belts off, tried prying on mounts, exaust, all the pipe tubing, radiator and everything I could touch. It has yet to get any worse, just very annoying. It come and goes at about a 2 sec. interval.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
look a bit similar, my next step is IPR and ICP but can't afford 1h of down time right now.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I bet it's oil system related. One part or a few parts of the system aren't 100%.

My dads 110k mile 7.3 is butter smooth. Mine is not at idle.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet it's oil system related. One part or a few parts of the system aren't 100%.

My dads 110k mile 7.3 is butter smooth. Mine is not at idle.
110K nice, i will probably do the IPR soon when I have time. still not sure if I just clean it up or buy a new one...

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is it true if with the KOEO (not running) i should read 0 on the ICP and if it read other number its bad?
Blue, what do think about this ^

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have dual alternators?
no got the single alt setup. I should receive a new belt with the upper rad hose that goes around the belt this week so ill look at all the pulley at the same time

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Unplug the icp and see if it reads. The pcm will default oil pressure and it will run fine with it unplugged

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for the ICP i just test it,

KOEO, it was at 10psi, unplug it - 0 psi, replug it stay at 0 psi

connector dry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts