The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a thread on our forum that gave the comparison/review of the four or five aftermarket 7.3 bellowed replacement up-pipes, but cannot seem to locate it.

Can anyone provide a link? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, RDG!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the International pipes not made of stainless steel?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Best pipes for the money are the BD stainless up pipes.

Dorman have had a lot of issues again lately. Clreybhas unstalles quite a few dormant lately that were a 1/2 short at the bellows. He had to stretch the bellow out to reach.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Are the International pipes not made of stainless steel?
The International pipes should be T409 stainless.

Best pipes for the money are the BD stainless up pipes.

Dorman have had a lot of issues again lately. Clreybhas unstalles quite a few dormant lately that were a 1/2 short at the bellows. He had to stretch the bellow out to reach.
I agree here. We haven't had a single issue reported with the BD up-pipes.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Brought my International bellowed pipes by my mechanic last week after I got them along with other stuff I'll have him install. He was impressed with the pipes and that they had the dents where they needed to be. He's seen pipes that don't come with the needed dents that need to be massaged with a hammer to make fit. The ceramic coating option I got also was very clean and and should provide much of the benefit of wrapping them without any of the downsides of wraps.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the update, Bronco. I will probably order the International up-pipes also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi.

I thought BD were cheaper but they are $400 and the International can be found for $300 on ebay... Even better, I just got a new set of International from a private seller on ebay for $200!!!

Thanks again for all the info, this thread turned out to be very useful!

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi.

I thought BD were cheaper but they are $400 and the International can be found for $300 on ebay... Even better, I just got a new set of International from a private seller on ebay for $200!!!

Thanks again for all the info, this thread turned out to be very useful!

Cheers
David

Those prices are well below MAP for genuine International bellowed up-pipes. Are you sure you were not sold Dorman pipes? Looking on eBay, I see a lot of the listings advertising the pipes as International (even including the International part number), but they are not genuine International up-pipes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just checked it and guess I got lucky! They were bought at dieselorings.com and are legit :)

Should be much easier to swap in my van than your trucks :)

Thanks again for all the info!
David

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Turbo still has to come out.

It's not terribly difficult if you just cut out the old ones.

I could do up pipes In 2-3 hours now instead of 8 lol.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just checked it and guess I got lucky! They were bought at dieselorings.com and are legit :)

Should be much easier to swap in my van than your trucks :)

Thanks again for all the info!
David

Yes, you did get quite lucky. Sounds as if plans fell through for the seller to install them and he is just trying to get rid of them. Nice find there.

Having the removable doghouse does make it easier.

·
Registered
351 Posts
So I got my up pipes installed. I went with the ceramic coated International pipes from RiffRaff. My wrench-bender said they fit up great and were very easy to install. He's had problems with the Dormans in the past with having clearance and fitment issues sometimes requiring some massaging to install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts