The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit. Been reading allot about up-pipes so will be going with Riffraff Bellow Up-pipes. Not allot of black soot but at idel I can feel the air coming out at the Y connection. will also be doing the Ebpv delete. as small oil leak there plus from Pedestal O-rings. And the AIH delete.

Also when turbo is out was going to upgrade the wheel with Riffraff Billet Compressor wheel ,and was going to rebuild with the 360 degree bearing kit from Riffraff. I also do tow a 8,000 lbs trailer. I can get EGT up there.

Question: do I need to have the turbo balanced after rebuilding it with the 360 bearing kit and new compressor wheel?

truck is in sig, its a 02 7.3 with 307.650 miles. also has a slow hard start with no smoke at start up or well running, also no codes, runs good after warmed up. per edge cs2 after oil warmed to over 120 starts to run.

Well working my way to the turbo, I was thinking of taking off the valve covers off and checking the injectors, making sure the oil is flowing on all 8. as these are still the original injectors. as not sure if I have injector problem. Lost alot of boost, acceleration, MPG. Also read I think said exhaust leak can cause some of these problem, but the hard start.

From reading hope I can do this in a weekend. If not just read use allot of PB buster and its a PITB job replacing Up-pipes, but most all take my time. Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Been a bit. Been reading allot about up-pipes so will be going with Riffraff Bellow Up-pipes. Not allot of black soot but at idel I can feel the air coming out at the Y connection. will also be doing the Ebpv delete. as small oil leak there plus from Pedestal O-rings. And the AIH delete.

Also when turbo is out was going to upgrade the wheel with Riffraff Billet Compressor wheel ,and was going to rebuild with the 360 degree bearing kit from Riffraff. I also do tow a 8,000 lbs trailer. I can get EGT up there.

Question: do I need to have the turbo balanced after rebuilding it with the 360 bearing kit and new compressor wheel?

truck is in sig, its a 02 7.3 with 307.650 miles. also has a slow hard start with no smoke at start up or well running, also no codes, runs good after warmed up. per edge cs2 after oil warmed to over 120 starts to run.

Well working my way to the turbo, I was thinking of taking off the valve covers off and checking the injectors, making sure the oil is flowing on all 8. as these are still the original injectors. as not sure if I have injector problem. Lost alot of boost, acceleration, MPG. Also read I think said exhaust leak can cause some of these problem, but the hard start.

From reading hope I can do this in a weekend. If not just read use allot of PB buster and its a PITB job replacing Up-pipes, but most all take my time. Thanks.

Sounds like your on the right track with some updates I would have it balanced with the new wheel. Some guys put a new wheel on and don’t have problems. You might consider the KC turbo rebuild kit it comes balanced and upgrades both the exhaust side and compressor side of the turbo with a 360 thrust bearing. Up pipes leaking can cause a drop in mpg and boost pressure and increased egt’s if bad enough. With that many miles on injectors they with cause cold start issues ruff idle lack of performance mpg problems as well if money is there might be a great time to do new injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts