The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bellowed up pipes are worth every penny! I did my re search and could afford middle of the road... amazon has some "cheap" stuff I didn't by the most expensive (dorman) but I happy with the results...
but that's just me anyone else have an opinion!?! lol!! Aaron

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Hopefully you have better luck than most who go the "cheaper" route. I have seen many people that have failures around 1 year. I installed the International Bellowed Up Pipes several years ago with no issues still. Bellowed up-pipes are the best fix for leaky up-pipes.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Definitely not a job you want to do every few years. What a pain!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is there any advantage to doing up pipe change out with transmission out? Dont want the bill any larger but if it saves money in the long run, will take it

·
Super Moderator
25,636 Posts
Is there any advantage to doing up pipe change out with transmission out? Dont want the bill any larger but if it saves money in the long run, will take it
It won't necessarily save you any money, but it will be a heck of a lot easier to do without the tranny in place. Especially if you're doing it your self. If you're taking it to a shop, let them deal with the cramped space. They'll charge you to R&R the tranny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it myself and it was a bit of a pain... some of the manifold bolts required patients because the angles were difficult. after learning the tricks the second time would be much easier.
I just hope I never have to remove the turbo ever again in my life!!! after 6 months I've had no issues and still love the bellowed up pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts