The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon, I have been looking for a while now to do an oil cooler relocation maintaining the liquid to liquid concept. All of the posts listing problems people had with the IPR model are several years old now, and I haven't seen much in the way of new traffic. Does anyone know if there are any issues currently or if this setup is 100%?

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
If you flush cooling system and use CAT ELC formula coolants from Shell, Global (Peak), Fleetguard, or others your oil cooler will last pretty much indefinitely. No chance of hose failures from age or chafing spilling the oil or coolant. No hoses in the way when engine repairs need to made. I have replaced a lot of oil coolers on 6.0's more than 10 years back and many with more than 200K miles since using ELC coolant and they still maintain less than 10 degrees ECT to EOT difference.
My 2 cent's worth from my experience anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it, but this is my second cooler. I flushed and flushed and flushed. And then after replacing the cooler when the temps started spreading too far I flushed some more. I use a CAT elc coolant, and at this point while I am going to filter and reverse flush to see if it solves the issue, I am also going to be ready for a new cooler.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Have the coolers been genuine Ford ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts