The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!

I am the proud owner of a new F250 '08 4x4 Lariat. I have searched endlessly for ideas for my upfitter switches. As far as I know, I can't find a thread that posts different types of things members have hooked up to these switches. For a newbie like me, I'd love to see some ideas to hook up to my upfitter switches. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks ya'll!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use the #4 switch for the hi-idle mod.

I use # 3 for my aux fuel transfer pump.

#2 is for the compressor. (with extra air connects for power tools)

#1 is the train-horn bypass (so that just the stock horn sounds).

·
Registered
16 Posts
dose the 6.4 need the high idle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious about this too... I've heard some say that the 6.4 has it incorporated into the truck and others say you can do the mod. No sense in doing it if it already does it on its own! Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Up Fitter Switches

What Parts Do I Need To Order From Ford Or Who Ever To Get The High Idle For My 2006 6.0 & Parts For What Ever I Decide To Use The Other Switches For!!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It is a matter of hooking up a wire. you need a butt connector and to pull the fuse box. Do a search. It has been a couple of years since I have done one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
2005-007, look in owners manual for web link to upfitter sw info. They provide a web url: https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q117R1.pdf. Schematic wire diagram, photos, the whole shooting match. You need to remove the interior circuit relay panel & trim cover under steering wheel. It's not the easiest stuff to locate, but that's the way some bean-counter decided to go. :icon_rolleyes: imho, it would be more logical to include it in owners manual. :nono:

·
Registered
423 Posts
We carry the upfitter switches on our website. They can be used for just about anything you need them to be used for. Most usage are offroad lighting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CB off #4 and Auxilary tank pump off #1. 2 spares left. Find something one of these days to hook up to the other 2, maybe air bag.

Washie

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
How about a starter kill routed through one of them? And dome lights? I'd like to be able to turn off the dome lights if I have the doors open for a while; if I get an 08 with upfitter switches I'd do it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here's how I am using my upfitters:

#1 - backup lights
#2 - KC Daylighters that are also hooked up through the highbeam switch for easy activation
#3 - air compressor
#4 - high idle mod

And now I added more switches from Radio Shack since I ran out of upfitters!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
What Parts Do I Need To Order From Ford Or Who Ever To Get The High Idle For My 2006 6.0 & Parts For What Ever I Decide To Use The Other Switches For!!!!
Everything is already in the 06 you just have idenify the wires and hook it up per the owners man.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've got my water/meth kit hooked up on #3 (makes a big boost in part throttle power around town, and netted me .5mpg on my last trip from IL to KS. . .just enough to pay for the windshield washer fluid i'm running) I plan to use #1 or #2 to turn the power on and off to my tool box (which contains an air compressor right now, and a power inverter at some point down the road). Maybe hook NO2 up to #4 at some point in the future. . .but it's nice to know i have a few switches available for anything else that I install before I gotta start hacking up by dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used one of mine for a backup camera.... Great for hooking up the trailer!!
I just bought a used 2014. There is a backup camera mounted with the truck bed light. I think previous owner wired a power plug to power it but I want to move it to the Upfitter switch panel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts