The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 F250 CCSB 6.0 6" Rough Country lift 37x13.5x22 toyo XD 778 Chrome Monsters
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attempted to order the switches and harness kit several times but apparently is on national backorder, thus canceling my order.

I have a 2005 F250 CCSB it did not come with the switches so I want to add them. Since it is almost impossible to get I was wondering if anyone has had any success adding a newer model harness as they are available everywhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Newer model year as in 2008+ ? Won't work. Wired and integrated differently.

Reactions: Devilduck48

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
My sources tell me that the company that used to put together those switches and harness kits sadly has gone out of business; so that explains why no one has them and they are on permanent back order. The good news is that you can put the kit together yourself by ordering three separate parts.

1. The switches.
2. The harness
3. The half size cubby hole

You will be taking out the full size cubby hole, and the switches only take half of the space. However, if you have the optional brake controller, then it will occupy the right side of the space, and the switches will take the left side of the space, and you will not need the half size cubby hole to fill in the space.

Here are the part numbers that you will need:
5C3Z-2513546-CAA
5C3Z-14A303-AA
5C3Z-13D730-AAA also known as: SW6685

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-S...8-2---&vehicleName=2005+Ford+F-250+Super+Duty

Wire Assembly 5C3Z-14A303-AA | OEM Parts

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-5C3Z-2513546-CAA-BOX-UTILITY-LESS/dp/B000NTJ8JC

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sources tell me that the company that used to put together those switches and harness kits sadly has gone out of business; so that explains why no one has them and they are on permanent back order. The good news is that you can put the kit together yourself by ordering three separate parts.

1. The switches.
2. The harness
3. The half size cubby hole

You will be taking out the full size cubby hole, and the switches only take half of the space. However, if you have the optional brake controller, then it will occupy the right side of the space, and the switches will take the left side of the space, and you will not need the half size cubby hole to fill in the space.

Here are the part numbers that you will need:
5C3Z-2513546-CAA
5C3Z-14A303-AA
5C3Z-13D730-AAA also known as: SW6685

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-SW6685-Auxiliary-Light-Switch/dp/B001TZQ82O/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&hvadid=78271590099544&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=ford+upfitter+switch/wiring+kit&pd_rd_r=08fa307d-b7e5-41c5-9a69-042a2f739e68&pd_rd_w=Clx1h&pd_rd_wg=BWtGT&pf_rd_p=bec88bc8-d41e-4895-a8dc-a35e165b8995&pf_rd_r=NJNNF3AGH6AZYE9MY6QB&pid=Sh2FVHA&qid=1610072710&sr=1-2&tag=mh0b-20&vehicle=2005-54-668-656--53-6--7491--8-2---&vehicleName=2005+Ford+F-250+Super+Duty

Wire Assembly 5C3Z-14A303-AA | OEM Parts

Amazon.com: Ford 5C3Z-2513546-CAA - BOX - UTILITY - LESS: Automotive
Thanks, exactly what I needed. I have the brake controller so I just need the harness and switches.

·
Super Moderator
26,163 Posts
There are other options for auxiliary switches. I installed 3 Carling Contura Switches in the dash of my truck. It has a manual T-case, so I used the spot where the 4x4 Switch would be. Here's a couple of pics, one when I had two switches and the second when I filled the space available.
Switches
Switches2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are other options for auxiliary switches. I installed 3 Carling Contura Switches in the dash of my truck. It has a manual T-case, so I used the spot where the 4x4 Switch would be. Here's a couple of pics, one when I had two switches and the second when I filled the space available.
Switches
Switches2
Thanks, I like that setup, it looks good and clean. I want to keep the factory ones if possible, but if not I will go that route.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:
I may have to go the other route, I attempted to order the parts again through the links above and got a reply that they are on back order. Exact statement "could be 3 weeks or 3 months, no telling".

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Update:
I may have to go the other route, I attempted to order the parts again through the links above and got a reply that they are on back order. Exact statement "could be 3 weeks or 3 months, no telling".
Which parts were on back order?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
So you were able to get the switches, just not the harness?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So they didn't have the switches but I found some on ebay.

The last time I tried ordering it was same thing, the replied said they were on backorder. But thT was around beginning of covid. I'll check these links, I will probably try calling to see if its in stock first. Instead of blindly ordering. I appreciate your assistance though thank you.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
So they didn't have the switches but I found some on ebay.

The last time I tried ordering it was same thing, the replied said they were on backorder. But thT was around beginning of covid. I'll check these links, I will probably try calling to see if its in stock first. Instead of blindly ordering. I appreciate your assistance though thank you.
Everyone is having trouble getting parts. There are so many people home sick with covid19 that everyone is behind and it takes longer to get anything.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Everyone is having trouble getting parts. There are so many people home sick with covid19 that everyone is behind and it takes longer to get anything.
He's not kidding. I have been waiting weeks and in some cases months for some parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found a semi local donor parts facility who sold me the complete harness assembly and got it installed.

Question...
I read a few discussions on the upfitters but installing the flush mount bumper lights it comes with its own relay and switch. I want to add to my reverse lights as well, a member suggested a diode on the reverse wire.

My question is do I add the wiring harness supplied with relay and inline fuse minus the switch or direct wire them to the upfitter?

Also the supplied fuse is a 10, since the upfitter auxiliary 3 is a 10 I should be good there correct?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I found a semi local donor parts facility who sold me the complete harness assembly and got it installed.

Question...
I read a few discussions on the upfitters but installing the flush mount bumper lights it comes with its own relay and switch. I want to add to my reverse lights as well, a member suggested a diode on the reverse wire.

My question is do I add the wiring harness supplied with relay and inline fuse minus the switch or direct wire them to the upfitter?

Also the supplied fuse is a 10, since the upfitter auxiliary 3 is a 10 I should be good there correct?
I am sensing we are talking about two separate light installations?

If you are adding lights that you want to control with the upfitter switches you can power them directly to the upfitter wiring if the circuit protection is of the same rating. High power and multiple light systems I would recommend connecting the lights to their own power circuit through a relay... and control the relay with the upfitter switch.

If you are adding reverse lights that you want operational all of the time you could connect to the OEM wiring if they are low current or LED lamps. High power lights that will exceed the capacity of the OEM circuit should be self powered and relay isolated. The reverse light circuit could be used to operate the relay in that scenario.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tge lights I have are these

On a previous truck not ford they were wired to the provided switch and harness. When in reverse they activate, as well as with the switch they activate. But I did not install them, previous owner did. I'm not sure if I need to use the the provided harness to use the upfitter switch. I assume the upfitter has a built in relay for each switch? The provided harness has a 10a fuse the upfitter auxiliary 3 is 10a so again I'm assuming that is ok.

This link is where I was originally directed to
Reverse lights wired to upfitter switch - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

I dont want to screw up my upfitters, esp after the Hassel of obtaining them.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
You won't screw up your upfitter switches - you might blow a fuse but that's about it.

So it seems you intend to use these lights to supplement your reverse lamps AND use them as utility lights. You can install the light kit, harness and relay to power the lights when the reverse lamps come on. This requires a fused power feed from the battery and the relay wired to the reverse lamp circuit to energize the control side of the relay. Connect an upfitter switch lead to the output side of the auxiliary lamp relay. There won't be any feedback to the reverse circuit when the reverse lamps are not on which could be an issue if the back up lamp circuit is a module monitored output circuit (FET)... try this:

Reactions: Greg687

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You won't screw up your upfitter switches - you might blow a fuse but that's about it.

So it seems you intend to use these lights to supplement your reverse lamps AND use them as utility lights. You can install the light kit, harness and relay to power the lights when the reverse lamps come on. This requires a fused power feed from the battery and the relay wired to the reverse lamp circuit to energize the control side of the relay. Connect an upfitter switch lead to the output side of the auxiliary lamp relay. There won't be any feedback to the reverse circuit when the reverse lamps are not on which could be an issue if the back up lamp circuit is a module monitored output circuit (FET)... try this:

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Yes, basically double duty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts