The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought some LED's for my trailer since the one of the tail lights failed. I am replacing them all, but all that have arrived are two side marker lights, and my turn/tail oval lights. I tested them today as I had my truck near my trailer and I am only getting one of the side marker lights to work. I have confirmed with a test light, that I am getting turn, and tail light signal to the connector. Then, using a spare battery, I can make all the LED's work on the bench. So, that has me wondering if it's something within the truck itself?? As in, do I need to erase this trailer from the system and then add it back in after all the LED's are installed? Does it have something to do with current draw? I can only assume that is how the truck knows when a light is out. The truck does say the trailer passes the light test.

Open to ideas here! Thanks!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a DOH! move! Made the poor assumption that the color of wires for the new aftermarket light connector would match was was on my trailer. Nope! Had the ground switched with something else. So once I corrected that, the lights work! Did not research if it was my trailer or the aftermarket lights that were wrong, but I am looking forward to longevity of the LED's.

One question still remains. Once I switch all the lights over to LED will the truck still let me know if there is a lighting problem? I did a light test when one of the turn/stop lights was unplugged and the truck said my lights were fine?!?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts