The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen many posts with regards to upgrading trucks with manual transmissions. I'm guessing the intake and exhaust upgrades would be the same but what about chips or programmers. Do they need to be specific for a manual trans?

·
Registered
717 Posts
The programmers are great for the manuals. I have no issues with my Evolution.

The chips are the same way I believe other than the vendor needing to know the year.

I have both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif! Gotta love a 6 spd! No tranny issues. Only thing I had to do was upgrade to a South Bend Clutch with kevlar pilot bushing.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Rooster--

LOL!!
[ QUOTE ]
Only thing I had to do was upgrade to a South Bend Clutch with Kevlar pilot bushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I replaced my older SCMT with a new EVO-- next thing I was putting in the Southbend with--
Nice clutch, nice programmer !!

garyT

·
Registered
717 Posts
garyT,

That dyno # in your sig. That with just the Evo and other mods in your sig?

I'm thinking of getting some dyno time in at Tadd's to see what she puts down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Love my TS chip but the Evo seems just as strong sometimes. Really got me looking in to custom programming but I just got my chip so I'll have to get some more miles on it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nope, that was with SCMT. Also at 5200 ft altitude!! Need to do one with EVO soon.

Other performance mods were (are) 4" straight through exhaust, SP air intake, ATS compressor housing. Did not have SP stage 2 in then (still do not) want to put on their Eliminator.

garyT

·
Registered
717 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, that was with SCMT. Also at 5200 ft altitude!! Need to do one with EVO soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, wonder what the Evo will do?

I may have been closer to the magic 400 mark for my PMR's when I was spraying the Extreme program with nitrous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts