The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my injectors with some stage 3's from full force diesel. They have the option to add on the UVC gasket and glow plug replacements for around $500 (seems exorbitant to me) but I found some other complete kits including glow plugs for around $220 (prosource diesel). Any reason for the price difference or are they just trying to cash in on the convenience of the package deal?

·
Premium Member
8,603 Posts
Is it with them doing the install of the glow plugs in addition to the injectors?

If not $500 is a ripoff for glow plugs and gaskets

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
Buy the glow plugs and other parts that you think you should replace (UVC harnesses, VC gaskets, glow plugs) separately. On the glow plugs, definitely buy them through either Ford or International, as other brands have been known to cause issues. You might try RockAuto for the parts. They list Motorcraft GP's for under $10 or in 2-packs for also under $10. They also have VC gaskets with UVCHs and outer pigtails for under $50 per head.
I would guess that the package deal is just an upsell to make them more money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, just wasnt sure if I was missing something obvious. I'll check out rockauto. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
From what I've seen, RockAuto doesn't carry OEM stuff, so if that's what you want you'll need to look elsewhere. I like Riff Raff or Diesel O-Rings for OEM. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
From what I've seen, RockAuto doesn't carry OEM stuff, so if that's what you want you'll need to look elsewhere. I like Riff Raff or Diesel O-Rings for OEM. Cheers!
RockAuto does list some Motorcraft and other OEM stuff. They carry the ZD11 glow plugs, and the gasket kit I mentioned was by GB. As far as UVCHs for the 99 & up 7.3L's I haven't seen much difference between Motorcraft, International, Alliant, or Dorman - All made in China.
It's always worth a check to see if RockAuto carries what you need. They can even beat AutoNationFordWhiteBearLake's discount prices on some stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts