The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 E-350 (ford van) with a 7.3L. Ive herd alot of good about this engine and SVO operation. But the problem is, because its a van, the top of the engine is impossible to get at! im curious if i can run SVO through the regular fuel filter.Acording to grease car veg. fuel systems, thats NOT a good idea. they are coming out with particular piece, in a SVO kit, to thread into the fuel rail and to the filter to allow an inlet for the SVO line between the filter housing and the rail. First, this kit will be expensive, second installing such a part would be extremely difficult I imagine, third, there may not be any spae even to shift the filter location. If anyone has any insight into my problem or any thoughts at all that would be sweet.

· Registered
919 Posts
I have a feeling Greasecar is essentially duplicating the design from our own FN74. As for sending the wvo through the stock filter, that's what most of us do. We add a fuel solenoid between the factory fuel tank and the frame-mounted fuel pump. That's the simplest method of using a two tank system. It involves longer run time to switch from one fuel to the other as it has to burn off the stuff in the stock fuel filter, but it is the simplest method.

I'm not sure of the filter placement on your engine. In the F250 our stock fuel filter is on the front of the engine in the valley between the heads.

Todd T

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm.interesting. yeah the filter is in the same spot, but this is a van so the windsheild and dash cover it basically. anyway thanks for the good info!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres no problem with mixing the 2 fuel types at all? i guess what little of the 2 meet wont add to much. i herd that no. 2 and SVO can form a simple sugar wich can sieze injectors. although Im doubting that more and more.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have been using the Greasel Conversion system for a couple months without any problems. It uses WVO, and filters it three times before introducing it into the regular fuel system. I spliced it into the fuel lines just before the fuel pump. I use a manual switch to go from one tank to the other. If you are interested in the custom system they made for me, you should visit their website. The total cost was $2000, and it took about 3 weekends to totally install it. I have already saved about $500 in fuel costs.
GABE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.