The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 2000 F250 SD PSD 4x4 CC SWB 12/4
DORA 12/8 as of 1/4 its still clean and unscheduled. My dealer tells me that his allocation is fine and he assigned a priority of "10" to the order. Could the order be slowed by the 156" wheel base? How can I tactfully check the dealers Superduty allocation?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Chris,

I ordered my Excursion 12/9 (built at KTP with the same backlog as the SD trucks). The two week holiday shutdown kind of screwed things up a bit. Most of January's builds were already pulled. I hear rumor that a few more will be pulled this week so you have a chance of getting scheduled yet, but I doubt it. IF the dealer is not over allocated and IF there are no commodity restrictions for February, then I'd bet you have a pretty good shot of getting built in February....delivery by maybe March

As far as knowing if they are over allocated, I know of no way of finding that out other than just asking them.

------------------
FORMER : 99 V-10 & 99.5 PSD (great trucks!). ORDERED : Y2K Excursion Limited 4x4 PSD Toreador Red with all the goodies...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chris - I ordered my truck 12/9, as of 1/3 still clean/unsched. I got the long wheelbase. I'm gonna wait till Friday, as rumor has it things happen at Ford on Thursdays. If still clean/unsched on Friday I'm gonna start inquiring with the dealer. My problem is I'm waiting to order my 5th wheel camper until I at least have a build date. The 5er has a 6-8 week turnaround so I gotta time it all right to get the truck and break it in correctly without paying for a trailer to sit at the RV dealer while I'm waiting on the truck. Good Luck !

------------------
Y2K 350 4X2 CC PSD 6SP DRW 4.10LS Lariat TrlrTow Cmpr CD Mirrors AICM. Ordered: 12/9 As of 12/29: Cln & Unsch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts