The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 f350. The front hubs have gone from hot to smoking hot when pulling my 3 horse living quarters trailer or at times when I'm not pulling anything. L.F. wheel usually gets hotter but sometimes it is R.F. Ford told me to set the brakes on the trailer control to the max. and take the sway control off. The Ford tech test drove with me and the wheel stayed much cooler than normal but the L.F. got to 240(degrees) and R.F.200. He said this variance was fine even though I had been told 10(degrees) was the norm. We put the sway control back on and both wheels started to get hotter by 10-30 degrees. I was told that up to 300 degrees was acceptable. We tested the truck 3 days later with the trailer with sway off and it was fine for 2 hrs, and then within 15 mins both wheels got very hot. We put the sway on and drove home and wheels were cool the whole trip, the opposite of the previous test. Ford says temps are normal and they don't know what else to do and I will refuse to keep the truck if I can't use the sway control that I paid for.
I am a farrier by trade with over 40 years experience, I also have my own small horse farm and as mentioned earlier a haul a 3 horse trailer with living quarters. This is my work and play truck, it is always on the go 7 days a week. This is my first Ford diesel, I have always had Dodge Rams with the Cummins diesels and I must say I'm slightly disappointed in this purchase. Any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I have a 2015 f350. The front hubs have gone from hot to smoking hot when pulling my 3 horse living quarters trailer or at times when I'm not pulling anything. L.F. wheel usually gets hotter but sometimes it is R.F. Ford told me to set the brakes on the trailer control to the max. and take the sway control off. The Ford tech test drove with me and the wheel stayed much cooler than normal but the L.F. got to 240(degrees) and R.F.200. He said this variance was fine even though I had been told 10(degrees) was the norm. We put the sway control back on and both wheels started to get hotter by 10-30 degrees. I was told that up to 300 degrees was acceptable...
Welcome to the forum, Ray Matthews! Did the temperatures ever exceed 300 degrees? How many miles are on your truck? I'll look into some ways to assist.

Crystal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Crystal
Tes they have reached 300 several times to the point of smoking. They are getting hot on long trips even without the trailer. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Ray

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts