The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll try to make this well I put another motor in my truck and this motor is an 06 it was throwing 2codes one was back pressure switch so I changed that one and the other was Vgt so I went to change that one and the clip fell all to pieces so I don’t know if I have it wired up right it idles fine but driving down the rd the turbo going a little crazy 14 percent while idling 84 at 2000 rpm could I have the wires crossed

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
The VGT actuator will work with the two wires in either position. But, the BK/LB wire goes in pin-1 and the DB wire goes in pin-2. The number locations are molded into the plastic connector. You need good eyes. You really want to replace the connector with a service pigtail which officially does not exist however there are replacements. Google part 6E7Z-12A690-DA for a replacement - the one from Ford uses the plastic clips on the side however your search will reveal sources showing one with the metal clip which I prefer. I recommend not using the supplied crimp connectors but rather stagger the splices and solder the wires finishing the repair using heat shrink tubing. Don't forget to slide the heat shrink on the wires before soldering. ;)

Reactions: bismic
1 - 3 of 3 Posts