The Diesel Stop banner

261 - 280 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the camper pkg so I have the factory sway bar,but it's kinda flimsy,looks about 5/8 dia. I know it'll handle the wieght. I was wondering how it would control the axle wrap when lifting a big load.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Follow up for you guys:

My dealer says they have the shim kit on order. Sounds like this isn't gonna work from other posts. If it doesn't I'm gonna be pissed. I suppose the dealer's hands are tied by Ford.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Well u may as well be poed. It may help when pulling a load. But empty you will probably end up vibration at cruise speeds. There going to change pinion angle. Best thing is air bags. To try and keep ride height at normal..it will help but not get rid of it all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We'll find out if Cory is out there, I don't want to waste a lot of time with a tsb that shows it applies up to a 2010 model year and especially since more than one person has stated that the driveshaft assy. was the real fix.

·
Registered
118 Posts
CC-
What is the build date on your vehicle?

·
Registered
118 Posts
HD I appreciate your input and was considering the air springs more for the improvement in ride quality and leveling ability. But I really would like Ford to fix this issue before I do anything else with the truck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just heard back from my dealer. After his further review of the case the new driveshaft assembly is on the way.

Thanks Jim Noethe at Greenway Motors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My fifth wheel has a 2000lb pin weight. On my 2009 F350 SWR long box, it would shudder from a start, dealer shimmed the angle and it was 80% better. My new truck is a 2011 F350 CC, SB, SWR with 20in tires and there is no vibration at all! With the weight on the truck, it looks level, if not slightly higher on the rear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thought I better contribute as I used this site a lot researching trucks. I have been running Dodge Cummins and just picked up my new Ford 2 weeks ago. After break in I hooked up my truck to the horse trailer and was disappointed to feel a shudder when towing. It seemed to be worse going up hill and causing wheel hop and loss of traction on gravel roads.

I took the truck and trailer in to the local dealer and within half block the tech stated I have a drive line issue and assured me the shudder is not acceptable and will be fixed. He knew of no issues but needed to make a call and let me know what he discovers. He stated that Ford told him my drive line assembly has been updated and needs to be replaced to eliminate the shudder while towing. A quick second trip to the dealer and had me back on the road with new drive line and shudder free.

It was upsetting to have issues with a new truck but extremely happy how Kelleher Ford took care of the problem immediately. I am attaching photos of my set up and new drive line assembly. It appears to have changed the carrier bracket/angle and slip joint position. I want thank those of you that found this issue as it appears Ford engineering has the fix. Hopefully everyone can get their trucks towing smoothly down the road like it should.

Thanks,
CChunt

Just heard back from my dealer. After his further review of the case the new driveshaft assembly is on the way.

Thanks Jim Noethe at Greenway Motors.

Does anyone know when (or if) this updated drive line/driveshaft assembly has made it into the production line, and if it affects all versions of the truck?

I have been on the fence for a while wanting to get a F250 CC LB SRW 4x4...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I’m sorry for missing the updates on this thread, guys. For those who haven’t yet, please send me your contact information via PM so I can escalate this up to your regional customer service managers. Please include your full name, VIN, best daytime phone number, mileage, and dealer name/state.

...I want thank those of you that found this issue as it appears Ford engineering has the fix. Hopefully everyone can get their trucks towing smoothly down the road like it should...
CChunt,

It’s great to see your ride has been smoothed out. Thanks for taking the time to share!

We'll find out if Cory is out there...
I see the messages you sent, Tony M 6.7; I’ll reply within the next day or two.

Cory

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Cory, if you are asking everyone to send you a PM about getting a new drive shaft, you are going to be a busy guy.
May be worth your time to investigate if a TSB is going to be issued.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kgjevre it appears that Ford realizes there is a problem and with a bit of prodding from the dealer service departments is supplying a new driveshaft assy. to correct it.

Don't let this stand between you and purchasing the truck. I would highly recommend a Ford truck.

If you have any unresolved issues you have Cory on your side. I'm sure the sooner something gets resolved the easier his job becomes.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Cory, if you are asking everyone to send you a PM about getting a new drive shaft, you are going to be a busy guy.
May be worth your time to investigate if a TSB is going to be issued.
lincster,

You’re right, I am a busy guy. LOL I’ve already sent out an inquiry.

...If you have any unresolved issues you have Cory on your side. I'm sure the sooner something gets resolved the easier his job becomes.
I really appreciate the shout-out, Tony M 6.7. :yesnod:

Cory

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have firestone r4tech rear air ride,[little kenworth]. I am looking at a 15k 5th wheel with 1900 lb pin wieght. My guestion is has anyone have experience towing with this suspention/
I have it. My trailer runs between 17-19K depending on how many toys we bring along. Pin weight is between 2600-3300.

The R4 will keep your truck level. If you have a shudder without the R4 the odds are you will still have a shudder with it and the truck level.

The only way I have found to eliminate the shudder is to drive like you have an egg under your foot.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So Cory, is this an actual fix?

My shudder I don't recall has ever been documented at a dealer, although it has been with phone calls with customer service. My local dealer refused to even look at the truck - they don't work on anything over F-250's.

The dealers that CS told me to contact were not interested in driving the truck with the trailer attached. Duh - it doesn't shudder without the load.

The dealer I have finally found locally that I feel I can trust was after I put the R4 air ride in.
Even though I have the shudder as do many people, I can see the conversation - you put that in that is your problem.

And it is not as simple as just hook up the trailer and take it over.

As I mentioned above, the best way to eliminate the shudder is to drive like you have an egg under your foot.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
So Cory, is this an actual fix?...
Duane,

I haven’t been on the repair side of the customer service coin, so I’m not trained to say. I still have your truck’s info; I can arrange a follow-up call from your regional customer service manager. All I need is a PM with your current mileage.

Cory

·
Registered
42 Posts
If every one with the driveline vibration personally addressed Ccory with a simple note, I am sure it would give him more ammo to take up the line to engineers to see if there is a common link, and I know Ford would like to satisfy all of us that spend over $50k to drive a vehicle at over $4.00 per gallon. Otherwise I'm gonna buy a covered wagon with a team of mules, at least they don't have issues, except a little backfire now and then.

Vibration in driveline
Hello Cory, you have helped me in the past.
My name and info is as follows
Matthew Pendergast
*** west F Street CA
707-***_****
2011 f350 cc lb 6.7
Vin # 1FT8W3BT0B******
I pull a tt trailer, weight loaded is 11000 lbs, I have had a take off vibration since new and more noticeable when towing. I just purchased the trailer in March of this year. I informed Napa Ford here in CA, and they were aware of it but had no fixes, said some folks were adding air bags. If Ford has a fix for this annoying vibration I would like to get it squared away. As with any mechanical device that is spinning, a vibration does create extra wear long term.
Thanks for your time
Matt
1995 F250 351 CID EC XLT LB SRW 4X4
1978 F150 351 CID SC Ranger SB 4X4

·
Registered
118 Posts
Follow up everyone-

I just received a call from our dealer regional rep regarding this issue.

So far, I am very satisfied with the response to this problem.

I will let you know how the truck performs after the repairs are complete.

261 - 280 of 465 Posts