The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's goin on y'all. I have a 01 F250 7.3 on 37s. I am getting vibration from 35mph until 70mph and the it goes away. I replaced the wheel bearings, ball joints a year and half ago, tire rod ends all changed and checked all my unjoints and they're all good! replaced 2 of them. and this vibration is still there!

two sides: shifting into overdrive is a little rough. i'll preface this by saying yes I know my truck is as aerodynamic as an elephant but I feel like it's slowing down faster than normal.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Mark, push it up to 75 - 80 get off the throttle , put it in neutral and coast down, if it goes through the same speed range and vibrates its most likely unbalance or eccentricity of the tires exciting a resonance, usually a point of mechanical looseness. Or, turn OD to off, run it up and down, no vibration then its your torque converter

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car had the exact same issue, steering wheel/car vibrated at a particular speed. I had them rebalance my tires, nothing, had them replace the tires and balance, still didn’t fix it. At that point, I took it to the actual dealership instead of snaptube vidmate the local mechanic and they figured it out right away - the tires were way out of alignment. Not sure why the local mechanic couldn’t figure that out, but it’s driven smoothly ever since.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
You could also try moving tires from front to rear. If it changes the problems the tires should be the problem.
DENNY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts