The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good video link to pulling the dash and gauge cluster to replace some bulbs?

·
Super Moderator
25,439 Posts
Don't have a video, but it's not that hard. Pull the radio out with the u-shaped radio removal tools. Available at most any parts store or Wally World. Stick them in the holes at the side till they click, then pull the ends away from each other and pull the radio out. The remove the two hex head screws at the top of the radio opening. After that, just grab the dash panel and tug. The headlight switch comes out with the dash panel, so you'll need to pull the wiring connectors loose to fully remove the dash. The instrument cluster comes out with 4 (IIRC) screws.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Found this online, hope it helps!

·
Super Moderator
25,439 Posts
Yeah, that'll work. :yesnod::grin2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled that dash and changed the burnt bulbs.
Not a hard job at all.
I have an aftermarket radio, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it out, so I left it attached to the dash. It would have been easier without the radio in, but it is certainly doable.
Hardest part was getting the gear indicator back in the slot using my fat hands!
Oh, and paying $6 for two of the tiny #37 bulbs was hard too!

I got a pack of 10 of the bigger bulbs on amazon for like $4!

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I did notice it looks like I'm missing a bulb assembly in the "brake" slot.
I never use the e-brake, so I never noticed the brake light didn't come on.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts