The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Chevrolet w5500 5.2L. Recently while driving with the cruise at 70 the truck lost power and slowed to about 65, at this time i noticed the temp gauge dropped to 0. i pulled over & checked the fluids & all was good but as i got moving the truck was way down on power, 30mph up hills. i realized that turning the truck off then restartiung it would resert the problem but it would reacure within a few miles. Some notes i have come up with in regards to the symptoms
- losses power & temp guage drops
- cruise control will turn on, but will not allow you to set speed while in this limp mode
- turning off truck & restarting makes it work normal for a short time
I have replaced the fuel filter housing and filter with no improvement

Any advise as to where to look for this problem????????

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
This site is primarily Ford trucks. Odds are the right Chevy person hasn't seen your post. You might try a forum that is designed for Chevy truck owners.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This site is primarily Ford trucks. Odds are the right Chevy person hasn't seen your post. You might try a forum that is designed for Chevy truck owners.
thank you, I was lead to this forum via a thread for the Isuzu/chevy cab over that had a similar problem. I'll see what I can hunt up on a Chevy site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts