The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Have any of you tried using W85 in an oil fired furnace? My garage is 18 by 28 and gets quite cold.. I was thinking of buying a used oil furnace and trying out W85 in it..

That would allow me to spend a lot more time in the garage, during winter!

· Registered
175 Posts
Or if you don't already have a furnace you could look into a waste oil furnace. I have a buddy that runs one in his shop and it works real well.

· Premium Member
1,472 Posts
They are all over the place around here. It is hard to find WMO because so many garages and service stations burn it in the winter. You will not need gas in it to work in a furnace.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...

My idea, is to try and find a used residential oil furnace and make it work in my garage... A waste oil furnace is a bit out of my price range.

I have an old drip-feed furnace in there already, but it doesn't give off nearly enough heat.

· Registered
453 Posts
So is anyone actually running WMO or w'85 in their furnace? I would assume it would run fine in a waste oil furnace but what about a regular oil furnace. Any one running WMO in one of those??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.