The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Cruise in traffic is unsafe IMO but I guess if they add enough gadgets so you can take a nap while driving, it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I didn't think the Super Duty's had the adaptive cruse control? I know they don't have the lane assist because they dont have the electronic steering yet.
Not sure what you call it but my truck does have some sort of Lane assist system because when I get a cross the line the steering wheel vibrates. I do have the option to turn that on or off

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I didn't think the Super Duty's had the adaptive cruse control? I know they don't have the lane assist because they dont have the electronic steering yet.
They have adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning, you are right no electric steering to correct lane departure (assist). I like them both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Correct some of the F250 have a lane change warning that the wheel vibrates. But the F150 with the electronic steering actually turns back into your lane. You not only feel the steering wheel vibrate but it turns you back in your lane, or gives resistance to your initial turn. Something like that.
I didin't have this in my F150 so not sure how it works but that is how it was explained to me. Sounded kind of scary. What if I want to pass someone. I would guess if you have your turn signal on it wouldn’t try and correct you. But you have to have electronic steering for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I may eat my words but I have purchased at least 4 new first year model trucks and have had great service and very few issues. The few that had problems had absolutely nothing to do with them being first model year trucks. Unless something drastic happens I would never hold back from buying first year new model trucks. Even though it only has 1200 miles on it so far my new '17 Super Duty F250 Platinum has proven it's worth without a glitch. I'm very impressed with the fuel mileage and ride.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Even though it only has 1200 miles on it so far my new '17 Super Duty F250 Platinum has proven it's worth without a glitch.
I guess a truck "proving itself" has different meanings to different people using the trucks differently... and I understand that, it's not meant to be negative. I'm just pointing out the sharp contrast in peoples expectations.

1200 miles is 2 days driving for me when I am travelling. Personally I would "leave the jury out" for quite a while longer before looking for any kind of a verdict.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess a truck "proving itself" has different meanings to different people using the trucks differently... and I understand that, it's not meant to be negative. I'm just pointing out the sharp contrast in peoples expectations.

1200 miles is 2 days driving for me when I am travelling. Personally I would "leave the jury out" for quite a while longer before looking for any kind of a verdict.

You're right but how else am I going to get my post count up? LOL

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Agreed. I don't know how long you'd have to go with it, but the longer the sample size the more accurate the picture is. In other words, three years reveals more than three months, and ten years reveals more than five.

My 2003 is still going strong and while there is some corrosion, it's actually not bad for a 14 year old truck. It's completely stock and pulls strong. Interior still looks brand-new (no, I'm not kidding). 14 years in anyone's book is a good sample size to test for greatness.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts