The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of removing the warm up valve butterfly. I hear that the blade stops the swirl of the exhaust coming out of the turbo and impedes flow. Anyone know if this is mod worth it? Also will there be any adverse affects? I keep it in the garage and only drive it occasionally(darn fuel costs).
Anyone know a link of the best way to perform this mod? I wouldn't think i would need to remove the actuator, just the butterfly.
I am planning on swapping out the old, tired, knocking engine this week and thought this would be a good time to do this if i was gonna.
Thanks for your input and God Bless.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rodney, after looking at the post i feel a bit silly. I didnt realize that this site had that section. oops. guess i should have looked around first. Thanks for the help.
Now is there actually a power gain? i did look for that before asking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

· Registered
1,660 Posts
If the truck is pretty much stock I think the only difference you will see is a considerable EGT drop, and if you have a relatively open exhaust, a cool howl sound between shifts (5spd) or letting off the pedal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

I LOVE that sound!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.