The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The morning after washing the engine, [I did a complete through cleaning at the car wash], I had problems.
It started as loss of power while pulling my trailer. The overdrive light started flashing. Engine stalled. Engine started right away and ran, then stalled again.
Went home, pulled codes, wrote them down, identified codes then cleared. Next morning, started engine ran codes again. Some did not repeat, and some more were added.
Cleared codes again....drove to store...only 2 codes showing now. they are ICP out of range high and ICP not controllable Pressure above desirable.
My questions are,
Has anyone experienced this after pressure washing the engine?
How long to completly dry out electronics? Do I start unplugging things to air dry? Buying a HPOP, Camshaft Pos Sensor, Vehicle Speed Sensor, and whatever causes the ICP codes seem a bit extreme after giving a bath...Lesson learned!

Anyone have any thoughts on what to do?
thank you in advance, kenny

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/depressed.gif

·
Registered
573 Posts
Many of us use 'simple green' and water hose to quickly wash clean our PSD. Never used pressure washer, too many sensors to cause trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope you at least protected your alternator and covered your power steering fill spout (air hole in cap).

Just a quick guess, you ICP sencor located on drivers side oil rail, has a history of water corrosion causing failure. Remove this connection and check closely, use dielectric grease, reconnect if Okay. I have used silcone around these wires to protect my ICP.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do that tomorrow as soon as I can. Once done, would it not be best to just drive it to build up underhood temperatures and to hasten the drying out process?
How would you check to see if damage has occured? I didn't mention that it is an early production vehicle, 5/98, and that I had a total of 6 codes shown, now down to just the two concerning ICP pressure.

thanks in advance,
kenny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.