The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my truck to a local heavy diesel repair shop for an etest last week (over 10K on the door sticker must be tested the same as the big trucks around here) Man, I hate the sound of the snap tests they have to perform...on the rug 3 times for about 5 seconds in PARK banging off the rev limiter.

I had an interesting conversation with the owner. He said he had a 2011 D-Max PU show up there the week prior asking him to check the truck and sign a work order saying that the computer in the truck was stock.

Turns out the police and MTO (DOT) were set up in a parking lot just down the road from the shop and were pulling every pickup truck in that went by (I'm not sure if gassers were included). They were plugging into the truck's computer looking for tunes. They told the D-Max guy his tune wasn't stock and he had 72hrs to get it fixed or turn in the plates.

The guys story to the repair shop (and the repair guy felt it was legit) was that he had bought it used and had no idea it was tuned and the original owner must have kept the tuner and not told him.

So the repair shop checked truck and said he couldn't help him, the computer was modified because under all conditions the "EGR desired" and "actual" were 0%. So it looked like it was off to the GM dealer for help...ouch.

Thinks are definitely changing in the world.

Oh, and my truck passed with flying colors :grin2:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was talking to the mechanic at the garage again and asked him what the outcome was for that guy with the Dmax. He said the GM dealer got the guy fixed up and back to stock tune...he didn't know what it cost the guy though....that was the part I was most interested in.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Keep voting in the Democraps / Liberals.....

They want to clean the air - not really. They want YOUR money !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts