The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of the problems I have with WMO is higher EGT's - goes away when running D2 and of course the carboning up. Running W85 in a 4bt.

I do alot of highway running with those nice long hills...And generally have my foot in it. EGT's max around 1300 @ around 18-20lbs boost. (1200 is the cummins max EGT Max)

Replaced the Turbo with a BW 171270 (AWESOME)

Plan is a home made WMI system that is triggered not by boost but by EGT's will be a 2 stage system small mist turning on at 200 for cleaner combustion, CArbon removal etc... and then a larger jet turning on at around 900 when I am pulling or pounding down the highway - more power and hopefully keep the egt's in check.

System will be run by a 2 alarm 12v PID ($35 on amazon), 80PSI Pump and oil furnace nozzles, with my K style EGT prob feeding the PID

1 prob is that PID's only work at room temp. So will not run when truck is cold in winter until things warm up - not an issue in my mind.

Am I crazy? Will this work and do what I want?

thanks John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your EGT's are high because your mixture is too thick more than likely. I notice higher EGTs when I do not ad enough RUG or diesel to thin it.

I use Meth as well not for EGT control, but to eliminate coaking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just mixing up a new batch - am going to go with 15% D2 instead of RUG and see what happens - maybe the octane slowing combustion down to much?.

Also could be coking causing the problem?

My batches are 1300L, if same problems then might go up to 30% D2 - just to see what happens

Intention was to install meth for coking but though I could get it to double for EGT's. I do alot of long highway hills.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The higher the pressure, the better atomization you'll get of the methanol blend. I'd go for at least 100psi and have seen some more like 150psi or better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts