The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
OK, what happened to the FAQ's? There was a wealth of information in them and if you try to follow a link to what was there it just brings you back to the main page.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Also can you collapse sections that you are not interested in.

I could care less for the classifieds where no one post or has anything for sale or the vendors area. I know what vendors to use and don't need a whole section to find them and if needed I can restore them if I want.

So far from what I have seen you lost more than you gained.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Patrick, I found the edit option. It is up at the top left of the post.

I also went through a lot of the links that I have for the old site. Some work and some don't but most don't. If it links to a post it is there but if it has anything to do with the old FAQ's it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
I found the photos and gallery which are in "your account"

My biggest problem is with the links to and in the old FAQ's.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: miesk5

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
How about some way to tell if there are new post in a forum once you open up the forum.

You can tell if there are new ones in the forum by the brighter icon for the forum, but once you open it up there is nothing to tell you what post have not been viewed. You can look at the date stamp on the right but it still doesn't tell you if you viewed it or not.

Another thumbs down for the new format. This is what you get when you have computer people design a forum for truck people.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Within a forum section, that titles that are bold have unread posts. The titles that are not bold have already been read by you.
View attachment 157022
- Cricket
[/QUOTE]

On my side there is very little difference on it being " bold" or not. Even in your example there is no way to tell from one that hasn't been read vs the one that has.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Another not so nice thing that I have found. The bolder notification letting you know that there are new post in the forum are not shutting off. So when I come back to that forum it show that there is new post even if there are no new post.

Ain't this fun. I thought that you folks had this thing figured out before you changed over.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
From the amount of new post in the last day and a half it looks like the new style of forum went over real well : (

By the way, how about some emolies

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
How about adding all of the forums that are on The Diesel Stop to the filters when you click on the "New" icon to see new post? Then we can decide what forums we want to look at and if we want to look at all of them then we can just go to the main forum page.

I could care less about the 6.7, 6.4, and the 6.0 forums and am more interested in the 7.3's.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
ArcticDriver, are you using it with a browser or with Taptalk?

I us it with Taptalk on a phone and things are as they always were, a lot missing but usable. Now if I open up a browser on the phone then I can access and see just like I am on a computer.

Reactions: Administrator

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum". (Repeat this for as many forums as you want to follow.)

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default. Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket
This still brings up every unread discussion. As I mentioned I could care less about anything in the 6.4 or 6.7 forums, vendors, and the classified section.

This still leaves me weeding through everything that I don't care to read to find what I am interested in.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Any progress on the real FAQ's and their links?

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
I actually think that 24 hours is enough time to edit a post.

If you are going to add more information or correct something after that just do another post

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
You need a better alert for PM's or as you call them now "conversations"

That little red icon up in the corner of my avatar on the page just isn't making it.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
How about a "report post" button?

It helps when a new member post his question in the wrong forum. Other than that you'll start getting cross postings.

The few moderators that we have can't see all of them.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
It would be nice if it was on the post like it used to be.

Down where it say Reply, Quote, or Like instead of having to go hunting for it.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
We need to get our location back under our user name.

It is very helpful when another member needs some help or we want to help another member without having to ask them where they are located at.

We are still also waiting to get the old FAQ's back. If you can't get them back just tell us.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
The problem with hovering over the user's avatar is that 90% of the users on here have no idea that you can do that.

It is a lot nicer when you can just see it and not have to go hunting or hover over something to find something as simple as a location.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Any progress in getting the old FAQ's back? Right now any post that is linked to them in a search bombs out.

Also any news on setting up something different for the alerts. That little red dot just doesn't do it.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Any updates on when and if we are going to get the old FAQ's back?

There have been quite a few questions asked where we could link them to the old section if it was available but since it is no longer there we can't.

It would be nice if you would just tell us that it will come back or that it is gone forever, forget the "we are working on it" story.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts