The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
27,352 Posts
Bugman,

I commented to Administrator about keeping the old links prior to the changeover. Hopefully they will get that content back online soon. Also was concerned about the older photos (not gallery, but the ones that used to be accessed by the photos (##) link below the username. That was broken before the changeover, but fixed prior to changeover. Still haven't found how to get to those. I had a bunch of photos there. Hopefully they're not dead and buried (they said they weren't going to be). [on edit] Found the photos - hover over your username, opens a box, and you can click on "media". Format is different, but they seem to be all there. Don't know about the old "gallery" feature, but I didn't use that.

·
Administrator
27,352 Posts
Sidebar ads are annoying as all get-out and makes the screen too narrow.
Personally, I find the sidebar ads fairly easy to ignore. The ones that are really annoying to me are the clickbait ads that appear in the list of posts within a thread. I don't need to apply for a credit card here (or anywhere for that matter). I really don't feel that those are appropriate here.

·
Administrator
27,352 Posts
You might consider restoring the original emoticons, emoji's, smilies or whatever you call them.
I agree. The new ones are pretty lame, and not very Dieselstop, or even forum specific.

Another item I just noticed is missing. When going back to a thread that was viewed previously, but had new posts in it, there used to be a button to go to the first unread post. That would be handy for avoiding wading thru posts that had already been read in a long thread to find the new ones. Please add that back in.
[on edit] I see that still works. I must not have been holding my mouth right before. ;)

·
Administrator
27,352 Posts
Why cant I see the text of most posts? They are covered by gray circles and such?
I haven't seen that issue . Can you take a screen shot and post it here. Also good info for the tech guys in troubleshooting would be what browser you're using (MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)

·
Administrator
27,352 Posts
We need to get our location back under our user name.
If you hover over the user's avatar it brings up a window that has location (if provided by the user in their profile).
But I agree, if it was visible all the time that would be much more convenient.

·
Administrator
27,352 Posts
Also any news on setting up something different for the alerts. That little red dot just doesn't do it.
Agreed, that little red dot isn't even very red. Can you make it flash, which would at least draw attention to it. I've not noticed it since it must have been "lit up" on my profile thingy for at least 2 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.