The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Changes. Most adults hate changes and as an adult I too sometimes hate changes. I am a creature of habit. Having changed my community software twice now I understand the necessity to keep software modern and up to date. I don't know what the motivation was for moving from Vbulletin to XenForo but I assure you there were probably several good reasons. If we all give it time we will adapt and find our way around and discover the functionality the new software offers. As for old content and broken links, it can be restored and links repaired. I had the same issues with the DTS site. Go give the admins some time to deal with this as they too need to become more familiar with the software. DO continue to provide feedback - they need to know what you want - they need to know how to improve/fix things. Overall it looks like a successful conversion. Kudos to the admins!

Reactions: Administrator

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Oh, and I do have one thing I would like to comment on - the post editing time - I agree that 5 or 10 minutes is WAYYYYYYYYYYY tooooooo short. There are some weekend mornings I make posts and then may come back to edit and add information as I look up specifications for example. Sometimes more things that I want to add come to me. Yes, I suppose one could just compose another post but I would rather be able to make corrections and additions to the original. May I guggest 12 or 24 hours before locking a post? JMHO

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You might consider restoring the original emoticons, emoji's, smilies or whatever you call them.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I am finding that the "Trending Posts" widget seems to be pulling and displaying REALLY old threads with no recent posts. That does not seem right. A thread whith the last post dated in 2005 is definately not "trending." JMHO

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Please tell me WHY I cannot delete a post upon editing? Used to be able to... in every other forum I visit including my own deleting is an option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.