The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
I'll totally agree with Bugman! I personally hate this. Sidebar ads are annoying as all get-out and makes the screen too narrow. If we lost the links to the old info we used to link to, this site is almost useless. I could care less about drag-and-drop, etc. I hope the other diesel sites I frequent don't go to this as well. Change is not always better. I've been here since 2000 (actually longer before joining).

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
I guess you can't edit posts as well? Anyway, what will happen to the links in older posts for all the information we used to reference (probably broken now and forever)? This is all important stuff the old TSBs, Tech Articles, PCM Codes, Workshop and Owners Manuals, etc?

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
We'll see if the links get fixed or not (not holding my breath). As for now, there are going to be a lot of links in posts we've made that are flat broken (which makes those posts generally useless going forward). I've been on this site since it was Jason's Powerstroke Page on Abingdon Online in 1999. Back when we "upgraded" to newer forum software around the early 2000's (???) we basically lost all the old posts and the ability to effectively search on them. Even the old Ford-Diesel.com info bugman and I are referring to was basically lost during a refresh, but at least someone figured out how to backdoor in to it since it wasn't directly shown with a link on the site. At least in the last refresh the sidebar ads were not in the actual threads (now they take up 1/3 of the width). A sample of links that used to have a ton of info, including other links:
This now comes up as the general FAQ for the new site where it used to be all the old site truck FAQs (general info, articles, TSBs, trouble spots, etc)

This was a link to the 1994 specific PCED.

Cheers!

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
"The data is not lost however it will take some time to restore and once we have an ETA we will let you know as the developers are focused on some other major rollouts over Q1 2020."
??? Not holding my breath on this ... already can see where this is going. Cheers!

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
My guess is they probably didn't even know it existed and then blew it away with the update (but hey we're consistent across platforms now :rolleyes: …. and cool emojis too! /s)
Cheers!

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.