The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
71 Posts
Why cant I see the text of most posts? They are covered by gray circles and such?
It is most likely Internet Explorer as that browser is not supported for much longer.

"***Internet Explorer (IE) 10 will reach end of support on January 31, 2020. From this point forward, IE 11 will be the only supported version of Internet Explorer on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Embedded 8 Standard. IE 11 is now available via Microsoft Update Catalog, Windows Update and Windows Server Update Service (WSUS). Go here to learn how to get this update. "

More Info:

Can you try Google Chrome or Firefox?

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Why cant I see the text of most posts? They are covered by gray circles and such?
This is a result of compatibility issues with the IE browser. Microsoft is ending support for their Internet Explorer browser this year. If you use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, it will work much better. And they are all free!
-Philip

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I am finding that the "Trending Posts" widget seems to be pulling and displaying REALLY old threads with no recent posts. That does not seem right. A thread whith the last post dated in 2005 is definately not "trending." JMHO

·
Administrator
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hey there,

All older threads have a static date in our trending metadata. This means it treats the thread like it was inputted on the day we moved. From there, clicks, views, comments all feed the algorithm to keep the trending information current.

All of that is to say, that in time, these "Trending Posts" you're seeing will only become more and more accurate with site usage.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
8,568 Posts
We need to get our location back under our user name.

It is very helpful when another member needs some help or we want to help another member without having to ask them where they are located at.

We are still also waiting to get the old FAQ's back. If you can't get them back just tell us.

·
Super Moderator
25,002 Posts
We need to get our location back under our user name.
If you hover over the user's avatar it brings up a window that has location (if provided by the user in their profile).
But I agree, if it was visible all the time that would be much more convenient.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts