The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I changed out the oil cooler o-rings a couple weekends ago, put it all back together topped off all the fluids the next morning and went to start the truck and the batteries were completely dead. Key hadn't been left on or anything. And wasn't having starting issues whatsoever before. Jumped the truck off. Drove for about three hours and didn't have the problem again until yesterday morning they were dead again. The only thing I can come up with is the heater on the oil filter housing is hitting the block (guess it got bent?) and its grounding to the truck. But I have no idea. Thanks in advance! And if there's already a thread out there I apologize ahead of time. I searched like crazy for an answer.

I'm new to the forum but have been using it for quite sometime just haven't joined until now. So thanks everyone who may have ever helped me solve an issue.

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
Have your batteries load tested. You don't say where you are located at but as it gets colder the batteries die faster.

There isn't a 12 volt heater on the oil cooler. The only heater there is a coolant heater that runs on 110v.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm outside Greenville Texas it's been getting pretty cold. I was considering load testing today. Thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts