The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks once again, TDS. Just got here to post a question about fixing this exact issue. Saw the sticky at the top, and I'll be pickin' up some WD40 tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, WD40 some of the BEST stuff ever made /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im sorry, i forgot to mention that i bought it at cost through my work. Im so use to getting the wholesale prices i keep forgetting to clarify. I believe the retail price here in arizona is 178.42

Again Sorry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BUT... if your vehicle does not have the V.S.M. like mine then you can do what I did. Pull the door panel off, unhook the linkage from the latch mechanism and the electrical plugs, take out the 2 screws that hold the latch in and carefully manipulate it out and w/a wrench take the switch off the mechanism and spray a generous portion of the world famous WD-40 liquid gold and work the action of this switch for about 5 minutes repeatidly spraying, then re-install the switch, the mechanism, the electrical plugs, and the linkages, make sure it works properly by shutting and opening several times w/ the key in the ignition turned on and the window down. If all is well, no chime and no door ajar light, also dome light will go out. Now you can re-install the door panel. Taa Daa.

·
Registered
32 Posts
WD40 is great stuff,Its good for electronics also.I once got my marine VHF radio wet and it stopped working.Just a matter of spraying WD40 inside the radio and it has worked fine ever since.

However WD40 makes for a lousy lubricant,especially in a outdoor situations.WD-40 is really just for Water Displacement...hence the name.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I call it the "Mystery Light".....
Mine has been doin it for about 3 years now. The dealer has replaced the involved switch 3 times and after that I just "let it eat".....Sometimes there is no light at all, even when I hit the switch on dash and other times, it'll stay on for 20 minutes to half an hour........Kinda used to the little red truck light on dash panel, gonna miss it when it finally burns out one day........

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a Crew Cab now, how would one determine what door is the problem???
My interior lights will not go out and my door ajar light stays on.
I've used up my quota of WD-40 in all 4 doors. If I can't get this fixed tonight, I'm gonna have to unhook my batteries, MUCH easier than pulling a VERY hot bulb.

Thanks all!
RoReRi

Found the problem... FYI...
The interior and bed lights finally timed out.
Opened each door and then let the lights time out again, takes about 5 minutes, but seems like 30.
After the two back doors I tried the drivers door.
Culprit was the drivers door. When I opened the drivers door the lights did NOT come back on.
Maybe this trouble shooting method may help someone.

Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just posted the same problem last night, and now I noticed the radio light stayed on, the lights on the power windows were on with the key in my pocket and when running the automatic headlights wont turn on. I read abt the VSM and was wondering exactally what this is. And is it ok to keep driving trk??

Thanks again,
Chip

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just took a can of jb 80, and sprayed the latches and everything down, and it went away, also the bouns of smelling jb 80everytime you get in, its a good smell I think. But any type of lubricant would work I am sure.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried the WD-40 trick, and went from having an intermittant problem to a constant one. </div></div>
You won't find many full time mechanics who have access to the good lubes, penetrants, etc, that are on the market that will have much use for WD40. It does many things a little bit but nothing real well. It came out originally as a water dispersant. When it comes to a spray lube, there's a bunch of them available that are disigned to do just that.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_Hicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks once again, TDS. Just got here to post a question about fixing this exact issue. Saw the sticky at the top, and I'll be pickin' up some WD40 tomorrow. </div></div> A.Hicks, ya means ta tells me ya ain't got no dubya d fotey layin' 'round? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

·
Registered
309 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokindisl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just posted the same problem last night, and now I noticed the radio light stayed on, the lights on the power windows were on with the key in my pocket and when running the automatic headlights wont turn on. I read abt the VSM and was wondering exactally what this is. And is it ok to keep driving trk??

Thanks again,
Chip </div></div>I get the door ajar light when the door is passenger door is closed and it goes out when the door is open.The plug on the door dosen't look like it can be plugged in wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I have replaced all 4 of the switches in the doors...now the truck locks me out while it is still running and the door a jar light still comes on. I am ready to try to replace the VSM... can I do this myself? I called my local dealer and they claim that this module does not exist... they are wanting to replace the BCM's... apparently there are several of these... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2002 Ford F250 crewcab Super Duty.
Thanks, TodH

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
In 2003 Ford changed the switch [door jam] to a normally open design so this problem will be elimintated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: todh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I have replaced all 4 of the switches in the doors...now the truck locks me out while it is still running and the door a jar light still comes on. I am ready to try to replace the VSM... can I do this myself? I called my local dealer and they claim that this module does not exist... they are wanting to replace the BCM's... apparently there are several of these... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2002 Ford F250 crewcab Super Duty.
Thanks, TodH </div></div>Hey let me know if u solved your problem,mine has been like this for about 1 1/2 yrs,would like to fix this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hit a bump while in 4X4 with my front left wheel and right away my door adjar light comes on and chimes and my overhead cab lights come on. They dont stay on but every tiny bump in a road sets it off and I can even put my truck in reverse and tap my brakes and that much sets it off. Driving down the highway is so anoying.
Now I know everyone has said WD-40 so I did that right away with no luck so I brought my truck to ford and they said the computer showed it as being a bad adjar switch in the front passenger door. I bought the switch and took the door panel off and pluged in the new switch and still the door adjar light is on. I then took the new switch and pluged it to the other doors one at a time and still the door adjar blinks on and off and chimes with the tiniest movement of my truck. I beleive it is not the switch.
Question:
On one end of the wires you have the door adjar switch. What is at the other end of the wires that makes the dome lights and adjar light in dash come on? VSM? or is there a sensor reset that I can to like Dodge has by turning on and off the ignition X amount of times?

21 - 40 of 166 Posts