The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 80 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
A different cause

I to have this problem with the dar ajar and the dome light staying on. I have found my source of the problem to be in the back door "Extended Cab". At the bottem of the door it has a i guess you would call it a tack (factoy) weld. When the back door closes it latches to the cab then when the front door shuts it latches to the back door. I guess over the years of the front door pulling on the back door it has pulled this weld loose. So when I shut the front door it doesnt close fully. I can push on the doors at the seem where they close and the light goes out. I have read the post and not seen anyone mention that yet. Not sure if this would be the cause of anyone elses door problem but I hope this helps as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a Crew Cab now, how would one determine what door is the problem???
My interior lights will not go out and my door ajar light stays on.
I've used up my quota of WD-40 in all 4 doors. If I can't get this fixed tonight, I'm gonna have to unhook my batteries, MUCH easier than pulling a VERY hot bulb.

Thanks all!
RoReRi

Found the problem... FYI...
The interior and bed lights finally timed out.
Opened each door and then let the lights time out again, takes about 5 minutes, but seems like 30.
After the two back doors I tried the drivers door.
Culprit was the drivers door. When I opened the drivers door the lights did NOT come back on.
Maybe this trouble shooting method may help someone.

Thanks all!!!
This worked like a charm, thank you so much. It was the drivers side rear, and I had to spray and work the mechanism for a good while, but the lights now function as they should. you are a rock star!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have to chime in on this one. Thank you thank you thank you! I can't believe how long I lived with this annoyance. One 60 sec walk around with WD-40 and the problem is gone! Only down side is I feel like a dope for waiting so long to address it...doh!

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 2003 F250 CC has had this problem for a couple of years.
First, I tried the WD40 trick a few years ago. Worked for awhile then the truck thought the doors were open again. Replaced the switches in both front doors (rears were fine) and came up with a new problem. The passenger door switch works opposite. When the door is open the door ajar light and the interior lights go off. Shut the door and the interior lights and door ajar light comes back on. I have tried several switches but all do the same thing.
Is there something else I need to look at replacing?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anybody?
This wouldn't be a VSM issue would it? I don't have any other issues other than the door ajar working opposite as it should on the passenger door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bad door switch

My door ajar light stays on all the time. I have made sure that the doors are shut hard countless times. Another weird twist to the story is the dome light will come on whenever I start to stop and will stay on until I accelerate. I finally had to pull the fuse so it wouldnt run the battery down over night. Does anyone have any idea on trouble shooting or has had this problem?
your truck has A switch on the door latch inside the door that is bad you ma be able to clean it up and save it plunger on it get stuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
another thing heeeeellllllppppp

I have a similar problem, however different. My computer is confused and thinks when my passanger door is open when it is closed and closed when it is open (backwards). therefore, the light is on when the door is closed and off when open, as well as the dash indicator.

Confusing, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Driving me crazy...

Ford F250 7.0 Lariet 6 speed manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004' Super Duty door lock and ajar problem fixed. My thanks to all as this was driving me crazy. I was ready to take to the dealer so you probably saved me $200. That WD4ORD O worked great. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2004 Super Duty 4x4 4dr ShortBed 6.0 Power Stroke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Luck you still nothing here. I have sprayed every latch, hole, hinge. Is there any more places I might have missed. Thanks in advance.

2004 F250 6 speed quad cab Diesel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sprayed all four latches real good and opened and closed all 4 doors 3 times and my problem went away. Luck? I don't know, but it works now. Maybe your switch is bad and you will have to replace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a similar problem, however different. My computer is confused and thinks when my passanger door is open when it is closed and closed when it is open (backwards). therefore, the light is on when the door is closed and off when open, as well as the dash indicator.

Same here. For quite a bit of time the passenger door would always show as closed even when open. Annoying but livable. Now it is backwards also. Door open, truck thinks closed. Door closed, truck thinks open. If I close it part way, first click, truck thinks closed. When I close it all the way, two clicks, dome light on. All my other VSD functions are doing fine. I replaced the door switch (not latch) today but it did not help.
This is a '03 F250 Crew Cab. Could it be the actual latch is malfunctioning inside? I have tried the WD-40/lube bath but it did not help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
blinking dome lights

I have an 02 f250 crew cab and I checked all the door switches and replaced the divers door switch but I cant get the interior lights to blinking off and on any suggestions??? This is really annoying :icon_mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same exact issue here, it brought me here in search of an answer. Door ajar light has been on for weeks. One good spray of WD-40 in each of the four doors and instantly the light turned off. THANKS!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok, I just got a 99 350CC and the dome light does not work, when I hit the keyless to lock horn beeps twice stating door ajar, no light on dash, I am thinking bulb is burned out, I assume the door ajar was stuck keeping light on and the prev. owner disabled it somehow... I checked with snap on scanner, both rear doors show ajar, but why does light not come on? fuse is good, I will be checking relay tomorrow but clicks when I plug it in and out, I have light on the 2 outer bulbs up front, not in rear, neither dome light works also the bed light does not work..

I am thinking they disabled it somewhere to shut it off, any ideas where the connections are to look for? has to be a plug between dash ans chassis somewhere...??...???

Also will NOT come on manually with dimmer switch...

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a problem with my door ajar light on my dash staying on all the time, when all the doors are closed the light stays on if i open the driver side door the light still stays on if i open both the driver and passenger side doors the light goes off, also the chime sounds off as if my door was open, when the driver side door is closed but the chime goes off when the door is open, the first thing i tried was the WD-40 in all the door/hinges mechanism it did not work , next i have tried replacing both the driver and passenger side door ajar light switches and i still have the same problem, im thinking it has to do with the driver side door but i dunno???? please help

2002 F250 Powerstroke 4x4

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 2003 F250 CC has had this problem for a couple of years.
First, I tried the WD40 trick a few years ago. Worked for awhile then the truck thought the doors were open again. Replaced the switches in both front doors (rears were fine) and came up with a new problem. The passenger door switch works opposite. When the door is open the door ajar light and the interior lights go off. Shut the door and the interior lights and door ajar light comes back on. I have tried several switches but all do the same thing.
Is there something else I need to look at replacing?

Same here. For quite a bit of time the passenger door would always show as closed even when open. Annoying but livable. Now it is backwards also. Door open, truck thinks closed. Door closed, truck thinks open. If I close it part way, first click, truck thinks closed. When I close it all the way, two clicks, dome light on. All my other VSD functions are doing fine. I replaced the door switch (not latch) today but it did not help.
This is a '03 F250 Crew Cab. Could it be the actual latch is malfunctioning inside? I have tried the WD-40/lube bath but it did not help.
i have a problem with my door ajar light on my dash staying on all the time, when all the doors are closed the light stays on if i open the driver side door the light still stays on if i open both the driver and passenger side doors the light goes off, also the chime sounds off as if my door was open, when the driver side door is closed but the chime goes off when the door is open, the first thing i tried was the WD-40 in all the door/hinges mechanism it did not work , next i have tried replacing both the driver and passenger side door ajar light switches and i still have the same problem, im thinking it has to do with the driver side door but i dunno???? please help

2002 F250 Powerstroke 4x4

Looks like we all have the same problem. Anybody have any ideas?

61 - 80 of 166 Posts