The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So within the past few days I've noticed a few different things with my truck. First and worst, The belt tensioner was completely shot to the point where when I took the belt off, it immediately fell off into 3 pieces. Because of this the belt was nearly destroyed. The reason I inspected this in the first place is because the truck had a varying pitch to the idle, almost like I'm very very lightly feathering the peddle to increase the RPM's and then decrease them. My AC also stopped working and I noticed that the AC clutch will no longer engage so I have a new one of those on order.

Even with the new belt and tensioner, the up and down engine idle is still present. Check out the video I posted below. You have to listen really closely for it, but it's there (especially towards the end) I'm due for a fuel filter so I will change that in the next day or so, but besides that, what would else should I inspect that might cause this? I'm leaving on a 20 day road trip in 2 weeks and would feel much more comfortable if i figured it out before then. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/8NEKbdQJtkU

1 - 1 of 1 Posts