The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, bought my 2006 6.0 truck about a year ago knowing it didn't start, found out the o-ring between branch tubes and stc fitting was bad, but went ahead and replaced all o-rings and gaskets related to the high pressure system, injectors o-rings, downspouts, etc., oil cooler, dummy pipes, etc. The truck started right away, and after 6 months running great it quit running on my driveway. Rechecked every o-ring ok, went ahead and replaced High Pressure oil pump and IPR valve, before I installed the pump rechecked yellow o-ring and stc fitting o-ring ok, put everything back together, truck started after a long crank which is normal the first time, problem is after I shut the truck off the truck only start after a long crank, I check oil rails and they are full of oil, pull off IPR and it was missing the front mesh, put a new IPR, same problem, so I guess for some reason I don't know, it looks like the new pump discharges all the oil back in the oil pan when I stop the engine, it looses its prime, and every time I start the truck it takes a long time somewhere between 15 and 20 sec. before it starts, after that it runs fine. ICP is new too. Any suggestion, any idea will help...thankyou

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
OEM or aftermarket pump?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pump is new from Ford, ICP is 0psi, IPR goes all the way up to around 84%, then both go back to normal reading after the truck starts, then ICP reading is around 560psi, and IPR reads somewhere between 24 and 26%, both oil rails are full of oil, as I said before(I unplugged the icp about 5 min after I turn the truck off and oil is drips from the hole, same thing with the plug on the other rail, when I unbolted it there is an thin but steady stream of oil coming out of the hole).
I just came back from work and started working on the truck, first thing was planning on doing was to take the turbo off, disconnected oil feed tube to turbo, and to my surprise (please correct me on this one if am wrong) there was no oil dripping from the skinny tube I always thought the whole oil system is full of oil so when you crank the truck there's no need to wait for the system to get charged up, but I could be wrong, I cranked the truck and take a couple seconds(around 10 to 12 turns) to see oil coming out of the skinny turbo oil feed...
One last clue, as soon as I turn the truck off I can hear some kind of gurgling sound coming from the pump area, but again not sure if it is from the pump itself or from oil filter, oil cooler, hpop oil reservoir ...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas in advance, I'll keep updating later on...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay Bismic, this is actually my 1st time in a forum, about 1/2 hour ago I discovered the replay bottom, and here I am answering your question...Yes the pump is a Ford OEM, the guy that sold it to me said is not a refurbished pump, is a new one. I found different other threads on another forum(ford-truck enthusiast) with the same subject, even thou my problem is a little bit different, on theirs the truck doesn't start after seating overnight for around 12 hours, uphill, my truck is uphill, but it will start after a long crank, after that everything is fine, icp pressure 600, ipr around 24%, now after I shut it off there is some kind of gurgling noise coming from the pump area(some like glup glup glup), so after that noise is gone same thing the truck starts after a long crank, like the very first time I installed the pump, is like the pump lost it's prime.
Thanks Bismic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts