The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 93 f350 idi turbo...single cab...rotted out body...here's my plan to basterdise it into a beast for clearing the road to my cottage..roughly 450 feet...i want to move the rear end as close to the back of the cabin as possible ( mostly for plowing in tight quaters)...ive searched the net for examples of this to no avail...anyone do this?? Yet..lol.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Back in the day one of the members was cutting frames and adjusting length. Fabracator/welder by trade so his work was very nice. He also made lowrider bobcats for working in city drain systems. This was back in 2001 timeframe so I don't know if you can find the posts.
DENNY

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For sure on the fun and the weight...i have1500lbs of railway track to cut up and incorporate into the rear.. that should do it....will be a summer project.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't know if you can still get them but we used to get lead weights from the tire shops, dump them in 4" black iron pipe and heat the pipe until the lead melted. I'm sure that was 14 different kinds of OHSA violations but they made great frame weights - just weld a tab on the pipe wherever you need one.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good tip on the lead...keep that in mind...ballast could be a problem....did some quick measurements today and I'm thinking I can get the total truck length to just under 13ft....cant wait for summer to get at it lol.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
If there’s good steel in the frame yet, do your measurements, cut frame on a bias, bevel and weld 100%, then weld a football patch of slightly heavier gage steel over the splice and you’ll be good to go!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Welder slang....... you may not be familiar with football patch (what it looks like) Lol !..... look up “fish plate”. Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts