The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for creating and maintaining such an informative, friendly, and very well run site. The vast amount of information and experiences to be had, all concentrated in this one site is priceless. I've always thought the best way to learn was from experience but as I've gotten a bit older I realize the experiences didn't always have to be my own personal ones. Over the past week and a half or so since I've found this site I have undergone a thorough schooling in diesel's and the process of owning a Ford Superduty. I've only just now discovered the Other forum and look forward to enjoying the threads in there too.
In going through the older posts, I've learned more than I would have thought possible and have gained many insights. I feel confident that I will be happy with what I ordered. This reassurance is comforting considering the chunk of change one lays out for a new Superduty.
This would be my first post because so far all the questions I've come up with have been answered already at some point within the archives. I like the layout and simplicity of navigation within the site.
I believe that you are still accepting donations for the site. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know if would be a hassle for Jason and the admins but I can't help but wish the site was nonprofit. The foundation I work at matches donations to Non Profit Orgs 5:1. Now that is a good deal.
Thanks again and please keep up the good work. If ever you need help with anything, feel free to ask me.

Immortl

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
HI IMMORTL,

Welcome to the best site around. Is customary to welcome and comon curtisey to do so an ones first post.

Ise you have already learned the ropes so all thats left is to ENJOY!

s Ed

------------------
Early 99-F250SC-PSD-LAR-numerious other goodies.
NRA-LIFER-TX.ST. RIFLE ASSC.LIFER-NRA/ILA AND MEMBER-GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER-I DO VOTE!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Immortl:

First, welcome to the site!

Second, what did you do wrong to be transferred from Montana to New Jersey?

Third, we will be glad to accept your contribution, however big or small and with or without matching funds.
It's how the site keeps ahead of the thousands of new members it attracts.

Fourth, spepin, that's the way I read it.

Fifth, Warpath, as a former business owner myself, PROFITS are a wonderful thing!

Dave

------------------
99.5 WHITE F450 PSD 2X4 XLT CC DRW 4R100 4.88 Fontaine Bed - Towing 40' Travel Supreme Fiver Fulltime - LUV'N OUR BEAST & RIG! PLEASE DONATE HERE!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spepin has it right. I saw something mentioned about the non profit option in one of the posts about how to fund the site and it kicked off the idea in my head about the matching funds. I thought that matching funds would be cool, but wasn't suggesting non profit was the best way to go.

Dave & Tania - I ended up in NJ due to a higher pay scale and job availability. MT is great but it can be difficult to make a living. I lived a bit beyond my means but have since caught up and have developed better financial responsibility. I am planning to return to MT at some point but it will be a few years into the future. For now NJ isn't too bad. Through friends and family I've gained access to places for hunting, fishing, and shooting.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Joe

·
Registered
679 Posts
And as a neighbor from the huge adjacent state of Delaware (all 725,000 of us) welcome to the area.

Just in case you weren't aware, Delaware doesn't charge any sales taxes although your fuel is cheaper in Jersey.

Enjoy the East Coast!

Dave

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JLester:
I would like to ask why you think the site should be nonprofit?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't appear to say that it should be nonprofit, but that he wishes it was since his company would then match his contribution 5:1. Since it's not nonprofit, they won't match his contribution.

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong...

------------------
When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?
'99.5 F350 CC DRW LWB Lariat, APCM, Triple Gauge Pillar, Transfer Flow 50g Aux Tank, Pullrite 25.5K.
Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts