The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I need a new radiator. 120,000 miles. Do I have any shot at all of getting Ford to help?
They would probably laugh at that thought, but it's not like I'm the first one to have to replace a radiator in an 08.
I bought the truck 4 years ago with 65k on the clock.
I don't know if the previous owner ever replaced the original rad, it didn't show up on any paperwork, but with the way these things fail I think it's very possible that this truck is already on rad #2.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Looks like I need a new radiator. 120,000 miles. Do I have any shot at all of getting Ford to help?

None. Not at 120,000 miles on an 8 year old truck. Only possibility would be if the radiator was replaced, there would be a service part warranty on Ford & Motorcraft parts sold on, or after, October 1, 2013 which carry warranty coverage of 24 months/Unlimited miles. However, your post does not indicate that have replaced the radiator in the four years that you have owned the truck therefore this does not apply. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is the straight poop.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I though. Doesn't hurt to throw it out there though. Oh well. Guess I'm lucky mine made it this far. Truck and drivetrain have been great so I really can't complain too much.
These radiator failures are ridiculous though.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You tell then you got 120000 miles out of the original they may charge you double. Because you got twice an many miles out of yours than most people. Lol

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Morning, with no warranty coverage to be had, I recommend before putting a new radiator in having the frame checked. Pull the front wheels up one at a time with a lift. I think you find it twists so bad the whole core support jams up sideways. At this point you will be fighting windmills and dropping cash.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Always say, why why why. Dig dig and dig more on failure analysis. Look at break closely. Does it look like a manufacturing defect? Does it look like corrosion? Does it look like something "broke"? Use these signs to help you go to the next investigative diagnostic lane. That would be; it looks like corrosion, looks like a hinky crimp, looks like a physical break. Lock onto one and dig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts